episode 18

As the two eyes met each other, the memories of their past flooded in through their mind like a storm.

Nick's heart skipped a beat as he stared at Dan standing on the other side of the door, his mind racing with a whirlwind of emotions. Memories of their past relationship flooded back, stirring up a mixture of nostalgia, regret, and uncertainty.

"Dan, what are you doing here?" Nick's voice came out more strained than he intended, the tension in the air palpable.

Dan's expression softened, his eyes filled with a combination of hope and apprehension. "Can we talk, Nick? Please," he pleaded, his voice laced with emotion.

Nick hesitated, his gaze flickered between Dan and Boston.

Dan's voice carried through the door, tinged with urgency and desperation. "Nick, please, I need to talk to you," he pleaded, his words echoing in the empty hallway of the apartment complex.

Nick's mind raced as he weighed his options. A part of him wanted to slam the door shut and pretend that Dan's unexpected appearance hadn't unsettled him. But another part yearned to hear what Dan had to say, to confront the unresolved feelings that still lingered between them.

Boston's jaw clenched at Dan's words, his fists tightening at his sides as he struggled to contain his anger.

He felt a pang of jealousy and unease gnawing at him, knowing that Dan's presence could disrupt the fragile balance between him and Nick.

As Nick hesitated at the door, his mind raced with conflicting thoughts. He knew that letting Dan in could further escalate the tension between him and Boston, but he also felt a sense of obligation to hear Dan out. "Alright" said Nick as he stepped outside the door, closing it behind him.

As Nick stood there face to face with the other, He knew there was no turning back now.

Dan's eyes held the feeling of hope and the longing of what they had.

"Listen, Nick... I really don't know where to start. I know I messed up, And you can call me a a$$hole for not realizing sooner, but Nick, can we just go back to what we had? During these last few week I've took time to realize how much I truly loved you. I'm sorry for whatever I put you through. Can we please put this in the past and move on? Can we give us another shot, please?" Dan's voice came out more desperate than he intended.

Dan held Nick's hand, looking him in the eyes with a feeling of longing for what they once had.

Listening to Dan's sudden confession, Nick felt tongue-tied. He really didn't know what to do as memories of what Dan has put him through came flashing in his mind.

Nick felt a whirlwind of emotions swirling inside him. On one hand, there was a part of him that still cared for Dan, a part that remembered the good times they shared and longed for that connection again. On the other hand, a part of him reminded the restless nights of crying, the words Dan had spoken to him on that day at the cafe.

Nick glanced back at the door behind him. He knew whatever choice he made, there would be consequences.

If he said yes to Dan, He woul be putting himself up for risk and betraying his feelings.

But if he said no, he risked closing the door on a chapter of his life that still held meaning and significance.

Taking a deep breath, Nick met Dan's gaze, his voice steady as he spoke. "Dan, I appreciate your honesty and your willingness to try again, but I've moved on. I don't think this will ever work between us." Nick gently moved his hands away from Dan's grasp.

"Come on, Nick," Dan retorted, his voice tinged with frustration. "You're telling me you'd rather throw away what we had for some fling with that guy?" through his voice, a feeling of jealousy and rage could be heard.

Nick's jaw tensed at Dan's words, his own frustration rising to the surface. "It's not a fling, Dan," he replied, his voice firm. "Boston means a lot to me, and I won't apologize for that."

Dan's eyes narrowed and his jaw clenched at Nick's rejection. "You're making a mistake, Nick," he spat, his tone laced with bitterness. "You'll regret this."

And with that, Dan stormed off, his footsteps echoing through the hallway. As Nick watched him go, he couldn't help but feel a sense of relief wash over him.

Though he had a feeling that something was definitely wrong, He was glad he decided to stay true to himself.

---------------------🥀---------------------

As Boston stood frozen behind the door, his heart pounded in his chest.

The words he overheard echoed in his mind, sending shockwaves through his entire being. Dan wanted Nick back. The revelation hit Boston like a sledgehammer, shattering the fragile illusion of security he had built around his friendship with Nick.

His hands trembled with a mixture of anger, jealousy, and hurt. How can Dan even have the courage to go back and ask Nick to have him back? After all he put Nick through? Boston's mind raced with a whirlwind of emotions, each one more intense than the last.

For a moment, he considered bursting through the door and confronting both Nick and Dan. He wanted answers, explanations, anything to make sense of the chaos unraveling inside him. Whatever Nick's answer will be, Boston knew he can't let Nick ever go back with that a$$hole.

Minutes passed by, as Boston patiently waited for Nick's answer. His heart skipped a beat as he overheard Nick's firm refusal to Dan's offer.

Relief flooded through him, knowing that Nick had chosen to stay true to himself rather than succumb to the pressure of his past. But beneath the relief, a flicker of concern lingered.

His thoughts were then interrupted by Nick opening the door. He approached Nick cautiously, his voice gentle yet filled with concern. "Nick, are you okay?" he asked, his eyes searching Nick's face for any sign of distress.

Nick met Boston's gaze, offering him a small but genuine smile. "Yeah, I'm okay," he replied, his voice steady despite the lingering tension.

---------------------------📜--------------------------

AND THAT'S A WRAP!

One thing I'd like to say, I absolutely love it when my readers give me any feedback about the chapter and the writing. It gives me an idea on how to improve in the further chapters :)

Also thank you for all the support I've gotten over the months, It really does motivate me to keep moving forward. Thank you for helping out this small little writer and wanting to give this story a chance, It really does mean more to me than y'all will ever know.

Anyways, That's enough yapping, I'll see you all in the next chapter!