You carefully walked closer towards his voice, hearing his loving tone made you relax as the flowers below your feet faded away and as you closed your eyes to listen to his voice, you suddenly jolted awake into reality.

You let out a sharp gasp and went stiff before groaning and holding your stomach, You looked around, being kept in an uncomfortable cot in the factories little infirmary and Scara was nowhere to be found.

But he was a Harbinger after all, he was busy..he had gotten the gnosis, so he's probably busy trying to talk with Signora without the middle man to do it for him. Though little did you know that was far from the case.

Still, regardless, the pain was intense and certainly wasn't pleasant to sit through alone with nothing to distract you. You sat up on your elbow and groaned again, Trying to move around.

But a nearby nurse was very quick to get you to lay down again, "Please, miss Katalina..lay down." She asked softly, she looked worried, but she might've been more worried for herself wondering what Scara might do if you get more hurt under her supervision.

"Where's Balladeer..?" You inquired softly and laid back to ease her stress, "He said he had something to do, but that he'd return fast as possible." She assured and smiled.

You were not in the infirmary often, if at all, so you didn't know what to do while you sat here waiting for him to return. You laid your head back and tried to remember all that had happened..

You could remember getting super angry for some reason, the purple smoke, and Lady Guuji appearing to take the traveler away. Thinking back on it now, you realized the smoke likely amplified your frustrated feelings and turned them into irrational anger.

A little bit of guilt tugged at you and made your stomach hurt just a little more knowing if you had more control, you wouldn't be laying in this bed right now trying not to let the pain get to you.

You tilted your head as the Nurse began to move away before perking up and looking the other way, and there he was with his arms crossed as he walked closer and sat on the edge of the bed.

The nurse had left you two be entirely, and the silence became deafening.

"I-..uhm..i'm so sorry-" You muttered and lowered your head, toying with the blanket to distract yourself from his worried look until finally, he sighed.

"No, i should've told you more about my past..i just was not expecting her to show up in the travelers defense." he sighed and reached for your hand, pulling it close and kissing the back of it.

This was clearly the most sincere he could possibly be, looking at your with slightly knitted brows, worried you wouldn't accept his apology, because if you didn't, he was scared to leave you behind..since he obviously didnt plan to stay here.

"..maybe, but i don't think my anger was warranted so.." you shrugged and tried to brush off all the mellow and depressing emotions with a smile and another shrug. "I'm alive and kicking, and when i'm better, you can tell me all about this son of a god thing, yeah?"

He stared for a moment before smiling and nodding, kissing your hand again before looking at your wound with a sigh, then looked around the infirmary before leaning closer and whispering into your ear.

Admittedly, his voice in a hushed tone was enough to paint your cheeks pink, but you listening intently as he spoke, "The moment you can walk without much pain, we're leaving the Fatui." he leaned back and smiled, acting as though he had simply kissed your ear.

You stared at him in surprise before nodding, "Yes sir." you chuckled and leaned forward a little, just enough to hurt but not too terrible. He chuckled and shook his head, holding your face and giving you a kiss.

"I'll get Mochi so you have someone to cuddle with in my absence." He hummed and rubbed your cheek before helping you lay back down, "awe~ Too shy to lay with me yourself?" You teased and relaxed.

He narrowed his eyes and huffed, "It wouldn't be professional." he stated and turned around to leave, "Professional my ass!" You laughed before whining because of how much it hurt. Leading Scara to chuckle in spite.

With the place still mostly empty, Scara smirked and blew you a kiss..it would have been sweet if he didn't have such a smug look in his eyes before leaving.

He came back with Mochi soon after, but seemed busy so he didn't stay for long..but you were already asleep again by then, Mochi having snuggled right up to you and fallen asleep as well.

-Why her?
-Why anyone else when she exists?

━━♡♥♡━━

Hiii.

I decided now that the main story focus of this book has concluded, i can write some suggested ideas.

they can be au's, continuing from y/n coming back, and various other ideas (other then smut bc i hate writing it).

Angst and all that are fresh on the table tho dw.

𝙻𝚎𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚜𝚞𝚐𝚐𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜 𝚑𝚎𝚛𝚎

I'm really excited to be writing here again, can't wait to see more funny comments :>

Byebye <3