Off course

The next morning was relatively calm, or it was, both you and Scaramouche woke up to yelling, someone banging on his door.

"They must have a death wish..." he hissed, you were still a tad groggy and slow to wake up so by the time you were up, he was out the door and confronting whoever wanted to die so badly. Mochi made a small hissing noise before crawling into your lap, "yeah...I'm tired too Mochi.." you muttered quietly.

You carefully picked Mochi up in your arms and quietly walked to the door he had slammed closed, likely to keep you hidden from sight. You leaned against the door and listened to the quiet yelling coming from the two, how this man was still alive was the real question.

But, the man seemed to argue that they needed a resupply stop, but Scara seemed very adamant that they had resupplied when they left Fontain, they should have enough to get to Liyue at least, if not Inazuma.

"ya hear that Mochi? We're going back to Liyue.." you whispered quietly to the little feline, he stared at you blankly, obviously not understanding your words until he started wiggling as a means of telling you to put him down.

He hopped out of your arms and wandered away back onto the bed, laying down again. When you took your focus off of him and started listening in to the conversation again. It had gone quiet.

You stepped away from the door slightly then opened it just a crack to peek out, Scaramouche stood in the middle of his office messaging his temples while the person he seemed to be arguing with had left, with how fast the conversation ended, he must had fled.

You made sure there was no one else in the room before stepping out and closing his bedroom door, "What's going on?" he looked over and glared, though it seemed indirect, and he was simply frustrated with the situation.

"Apparently, someone didn't do inventory before we left, so now we have to stop in Liyue to resupply, then get to Inazuma..." he sighed and leaned against his desk. "You're saying it like i was supposed to do that" you scratched your cheek and raised a brow, only for him to shake his head.

"Forget it, i just have to get someone to check how much we have right now and how much we'll need. For now," he took a breath and tried his best to relax, looking over at you with a fairly neutral expression

"Are you feeling better? I..feel- bad for pointing out an insecurity"

You crossed your arms and smiled slightly, "would you look at that, you feel guilty?" you teased before chuckling and nodding, "I'm feeling better, yes. I would have felt better if we didn't wake up to yelling and banging, though.." you sighed and scratched your cheek with a sigh.

"And if we're going to Liyue, does that mean i can go see Zhongli and Childe?" he crossed his arms and hesitated a moment before nodding. "i suppose i can't stop you, knowing your relationship with the two." he hummed and rubbed his eye before sighing.

"Great!" you cheered and stretched, "Can we go back to bed now?" you gave him an innocent doe eyed look in hopes that would coerce him. He narrowed his eyes before shaking his head, "I told you, i have to get someone to look at what we have and what we'll need. It won't take too long, but by the time I'm done I'll likely have more to do".

He chuckled as you slumped and frowned, "I'm sure Mochi will keep you company until I'm done" he hummed. You groaned and dragged your feet as you walked closer to him, just to give him a gentle hug, "Perhaps I'll find you a better book to read then the one you seem to be interested in".

"Heh, well i guess i wasn't very convincing huh?" he shook his head before kissing the top of yours, "An eight-year-old could lie better then you" he hummed and rubbed your back as he placed his head on yours. "Oh, that's no good, you know my whole job revolves around lying right?" you chuckled and looked up at him before yawning.

"ugh..yeah I'm going back to bed..i was up too late" he nodded in agreeance before letting go of you, "I have to fix myself up a bit, as I'm not in my work attire, so I'll be in my bathroom" you nodded and turned around, skipping back over to his door and opening it, Mochi trotting over to greet you both.

You kneeled down to pick him up before lifting him up to be face to face with Scara, he gave you a slightly annoyed look but sighing and scratched the cats chin before turning away for the bathroom. "Go back to bed" he ordered as he stepped into the bathroom, "Yes sir" you chuckled and set Mochi down before laying down and falling sleep like a light.

In your unconscious state, Scaramouche had changed and gotten ready for the day, before he left though he sat down on the edge of the bed and moved you onto your back so he could lean down to kiss your cheeks, seeing your uneasy expression ease up into a more neutral one.