Working nightmares

(my sister came up with that chapter name, i'm proud)

"ow ow ow ow.." The next morning came too soon, which meant, work, fun.

Her head was throbbing and she was not looking to communicate with another headache called her own boss. Though i guess beggars can't be choosers.

She followed her usual routine, hair makeup, and most importantly her literal and figurative mask to put on for the world. it was a quick routine, she didn't bother taking showers in the morning so she waited till evening half the time.

Though now her routine was a little more long now that her little friend was with her, Mochi was a little more needy then he first appeared. This silver and gray tabby would rub against her legs as she changed or would meow as loud as possible as she did her makeup and hair.

She would give in every now and then but was growing irritated with the poor thing, She fed him and gave him water before leaving.

"Hey miss, I have a cat in my room so if there is an ruckus or mess I'll clean it up best i can!" she rushed out before the woman at the desk could respond. the morning was crisp and bright, much more refreshing then a bleak gray sky.

Though she could not ponder on this much longer, swiftly she began her short venture to northland bank to begin her tortuous day she called work.

=========

"Good morning bitches i hope you missed me" She boomed with a cheeky little grin, The woman that stood behind the reception in the bank chuckled and waved, used to this behavior by now.

"Morning, are you feeling better?" she shook her head, yet it felt like she was proud of it. "Of course not! but my boss is an asshole and i want to purposely get him sick if i can! After all he's been nothing but a douche since i came to this branch"

She scratched her cheek and sighed, "Ah..He's behind me..isn't he?" she yelped as a blade slightly jabbed her back. "I'm going to kill you" she regained her composure and frowned "The Tsaritsa would be sad, she wasted a very special delusion on a very special person if you kill me"

he snarled, "She wasted a delusion on you in general" with a quick eye roll she swatted the sharp blade away and crossed her arms. "You both fight like an old couple.." the woman behind the desk murmured.

"i didn't give you a right to speak" she frowned and zipped her mouth shut, "You're such a high and mighty piece of crap.." she covered her mouth as she coughed again, her throat dry and raspy.

"You're disgusting" He hissed, his blade dissipating in a moment. "Thank you, so what am i doing today? gathering more intel from my dear friends? Or do i get to fight stuff today?" he sighed.

"a meteorite fell into a domain not far out of Liyue, we'll be investigating it. And by the way, The astrologist you mentioned, I didn't get a chance to communicate with her before she ran off with that stupid traveler and blubbering electro user"

"You're a blubbering electro user.." she whispered just low enough for it to miss his ears, "And while we're out try and stay the furthest you can away from me! Last thing i need is to get sick.."

Oh, the temptation to just walk up to him and cough in his face was unbearable..but she didn't feel like dying today, besides he'd probably make it slow to satisfy his sadism. "No promises, guess you'll just have to suck it up pretty boy"

she walked passed him, brushing his shoulder with her own while she walked out the door to wait outside for him. 

"Hm, Thank you Mona for saving my friends.." she muttered to herself, leaning against the railing. Though she was not close with the girl, she would love to thank her in some way, Aether mentioned she loved a free meal?

"Follow me" the cold and harsh tone abruptly pulled the girl from her thoughts, her gaze following him as he began to walk down the stairs. She followed suit in silence, he enjoyed the silence but found it suspicious.

Well it was more less silent while they were in the city, navigating through people, she tried to avoid them while people simply automatically avoided the dangerous harbinger. But just in case he bumped into someone, he apologized and smiled a glass smile before continuing.

"I'd say you mastered that fake smile of yours, Could you teach me?" she mocked, poking fun at the hot tempered harbinger. "We just left the city and it was just getting peaceful, so please shut your damn mouth before i carve it out"

She rolled her eyes, fiddling with her sleeve or bandages on her thy "You didn't answer me yesterday, why did you ask about my motives to wear a mask?" he didn't snap at her like she thought he would, instead he faced her with only a glare on his face and nothing more.

"i had no reason in particular, however, i figured it would get uncomfortable wearing one constantly?" was this it? did she die and pass to hell? He was actually trying to hold a civil conversation? there's no way, is it even him, is this a fever dream?

"...it um, depends on the humidity i suppose" it was possible that it was a simple tactic to shut her up because now she felt awkward, not only that, she allowed her guard to drop for a minute.

Shall we prance in moonlight

or stumble in pools of blood?