The Beauty Of The Sakura

The sweetest scent on the gentle sea breeze, a mixture of the ocean scent and food from Ritou, and here you were at the docks alone, the ship you were on, and its head honcho dropped you off for a tracking mission in the island with bright red trees.

The necklace he had bought just a few days prior in Liyue delicately dangled from your neck. You mumbled quiet curses to yourself before walking further along the docks, spotting a checkout point.

You knew you had to avoid that, so you took a sharp and confident turn down to the beach to avoid the check point, successfully, since people didn't seem to doubt your confidence, nor did they pay much attention.

You carefully walked along the beach before using your scythe to hook a branch and climb up into the trees. You blended in quite well to the crimson leaves, and with how close the roof tops and tree branches were, navigation was easy.

Now, you were tracking the traveler at Signora's request, since Scaramouche would've preferred to keep you around. You could walk alongside and talk with the traveler directly, but if you did that, he would know some fatui plot was unfolding in Inazuma so that was a no go.

Staying hidden was your best option, so thats what you did, from the moment the traveler met someone at the docks to the moment they met with the daughter of the commissioner. After that, you had to take a rest somewhere and the best option was an inn nearby that was quite small, but since Aether didn't head to that inn, you considered it was safe.

You stayed the night after paying the receptionist in advance so you could leave through the window without needing to exit through the lobby in case they did come here.

The night was long and full of issues, it'd been a while since Mochi hadn't been with you, and since you've slept alone. Nightmares were inevitable, so good sleep was a fleeting dream.

So, unfortunately you woke up tired and  ot ready for the day, but you didn't have time to loose. Getting ready as fast as possible before heading out through the window and hooking a branch again and climbing up.

After another day of tracking and spying, you had to get to Narukami island and Meet with Signora who was likely somewhere in the city.

"Try and work together for a change, it's not gonna kill you" you repeated to yourself something you said while trying to convince Scara to actually talk to Signora. Of course neither of them wanted to do some actual teamwork, so as the middle man, you gave up and just followed orders.

"I refuse to work with someone so self righteous" you muttered, Mocking words Scara said in response to your words. "Now i have to travel across Narukami island tracking my friend while i'm about to pass out.." you muttered and walked along the beach between Ritou and the main island.

"I shouldn't be in the open like this.." you muttered, and with a sigh you hurried into the brush on the other side and listened for a squeaky voice, hearing it almost instantly down the dirt path.

"You really shouldn't talk so much Paimon.." you whispered to yourself and followed the voice while doing your best to stay hidden in the bushes and trees. Upon coming up on Konda Village you had to go around since the main path through was too open.

"I'll have to stop at the plains..i'll stick out too much.." she muttered to yourself as you got back on the main path, hiding up in a tall tree. "I should probably wait here..then head to the city once it gets dark..".