𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫-1

_____________________________________

The beginning,

The sounds of students running through the hall were echoing in the school. The periods were going to start but a little figure was busy slumbering in the bed.

The phone beside her started ringing loudly and she brought it near her ear. "Hello,?"

"Yaa, lilia. The class is gonna start, where are you?" Her eyes widen up within a second and she looked towards the clock to see it's already 9am.

"Yuna, I-" She panicked and got up from the bed, throwing things here and there while searching for her dress.

"I'm so done, I'm so done-" She muttered as she started combing her hair forcefully.

Finally after being ready, she went towards the kitchen to see that her stepmother was working, making foods.

"Mom, don't you have work today? Is the office closed?" Lilia asked being confused.

"Today I took a break, I wanted to stay home." Her stepmom smiled looking behind towards her and kept the tiffin for her at table.

"But you usually didn't take before." Lilia murdered under her breath. "Isn't it late for you Lilia? It's already half past nine. Go to college immediately, and please drop enzo to the pre-school too at the way."

Lilia nodded and she kept the tiffin in her bag and held her little brother's hand, both going out of the house.

The weather was a bit cold than usual as it was trying to rain. "Enzo, did something happen to mom?" Lilia asked looking at him.

He shook his head while looking up at her with his big doe eyes. "She was just coughing, so loudly all night." He said while she simply nodded.

After few minutes, she started chanting god's name when she reached just right infront of the classroom.

"Please save me god. Just this time." She prayed and opened the door, just to see everyone's in their seat and professor was infront of the classroom, teaching them.

Every single eyes went towards her making her knees feel so weak. "May I come in sir?" She asked gathering her courage.

"Isn't it a bit too early, miss Lilia? Should've came after my class finished." He mocked while she lowered her head in guilt.

"You lost your father and mother, and a sick stepmother is looking after you, just for you to skip classes? You got scholarship for this?" He started to insult her while she was trying her best not to drop a tear.

"This oldy talks too much." Yuna mumbled and she raised her hand, calling him loudly.

"Sir" The professor's eyes fell at her and she stood up boringly. "The bell has ringed sir. Can I go to washroom?" She asked sarcastically.

"Yeah, yeah. I heard the bell ring. Ok class, the remaining topic in next class." As soon as the professor left, Yuna ran towards the door and began pulling Lilia towards the seat.

"This period was so boring. It's better for you, you skipped this period." Yuna tried to distract her as much as she can.

"Do you know I heard that oldy is in affair with our English mam. They both match each other."

"Yuna, you talk too much." Lilia said as she put her head in the table. "Isn't that a nice thing?" Yuna did the same, looking at her seductively.