"Camila..." she barely whispers.

I snag the red and white hats off of the back of the couch and walk to her. She bends the slightest bit, her gaze never leaving mine as I tug the Santa hat onto her head, and when I go to pull mine on, she takes it, placing it on me herself.

Her arms come around me, her thumb teasing beneath my bottom lip, and the smile that curves my lips is soft. Her eyes leave me then and she looks to the white flocked tree, standing tall in the corner of the room. It's decorated in red and green lights, shiny silver bulbs covering it from top to bottom, a single present wrapped beneath it. Each wall is lined in colorful bright lights, and two stockings hang from the fireplace.

"Merry Christmas, Lauren," I whisper.

Her jaw flexes as she stares at the Christmas tree, and then the mantel, where a tiny, porcelain set of angel wings sits, a red ribbon tied along its base.

And then she's kissing me again. It's slow and tender, and the ache in my chest deepens, but this time, it's with longing and love.

Grabbing her hand, I lead her into the kitchen, freeing us both of our Santa hats and tossing them on the floor as we curve around the corner.

Silver and gold tinsel hang from the ceiling, matching confetti glittering the floor.

I let go of her hand and step toward the corner and click on a switch, and the mini disco ball sitting on the kitchen island flicks on, spinning and sparkling across the walls.

Hopping up on the counter, I look to Lauren.

Her chest heaves as she glances around the room, and she reaches up, gliding her fingers along one of the streamers hanging above her.

Her eyes snap to mine, a war of raging emotions behind them.

"Come here."

She does, and I open my legs for her. Lauren slides right in, her hands coming down to grip my thighs, squeezing.

I grab the plastic tiara behind me and slip it on my head, and then I place her top hat on hers.

Handing her a blow horn, I hold mine in my hand.

"Hey, Google," I speak to the Google Home system, "Press play."

Lauren's eyes narrow, and then a ten-second countdown begins.

Lauren's lips twitch and a light laugh leaves me.

I count down the last four seconds, and she follows my lead, lifting the horn to her lips, and together, we blow.

But Lauren quickly tears it away, slamming her lips to mine, and this time, it's not soft or slow.

It's deep and dirty, and my core clenches.

I moan into her mouth, and when she finally tears away, she bites at my lips, a raspy groan leaving her.

"Happy New Year." My words are choppy, needy, and her eyes darken even more.

Her eyes clench closed, and her forehead falls to mine.

Sliding from the countertop, I push up on my toes, kissing the corner of her mouth and whisper, "Wait right here. I'll be right back."

"Camila—" she grips my hips, halting me, seeking out my lips, but I evade with a smile, chuckling when her warning glare meets mine.

"One minute, Lauren." I smile and quickly walk away, pinning her with one last look. "Stay."

I run into the downstairs bathroom, where I hid what I need, knowing she is likely to hunt me down if I take any longer than the one minute I promised.

Tearing off my leggings and T-shirt, I quickly change, carefully pulling the strategically placed bobby pins from my hair. Up, it looked like a mess, but down, as I shake it out, it's as if I just pulled hot curlers from it.