XII.

Trent waited for Gabriela's call. He even fell asleep with his cell phone in his hand.

He was quite sad when he woke up in the morning and realized that he had missed the call. The only thing he could do at that moment was to leave her a message, so he did.
"Sorry I fell asleep last night, but today I'll call you as soon as I get back...", he didn't have time to finish because he got a call from Gabriela.
"Morning!"; he greeted her.
"Morning Trent, how are you?"
"Great as soon as I hear from you. I'm sorry I didn't answer last night, but I fell asleep."
"It's all right, it's my fault, I called very late."
"What are you going to do today? Do you have any plans?"
"I'm just getting ready to go to training. It will be my first training with my new teammates. I can't wait to meet the team."
"I'm so glad, don't worry you'll do great, I don't doubt you."
"Thank you Trent, I can't tell you how much it means to me to hear that from you."
"I'll always be there to tell you that, no matter how far we are."; Trent said. Gabriela felt a light tear roll down her cheek. She had never felt so alone before. She missed Trent like no other. She needed his hug so badly now. She had never been so far away from him before. She always knew how much Trent meant to her, but she never dreamed that she would miss him this much. The fact that she hadn't even seen him before flying was gnawing at her heart.

"Gabriela, we have to leave soon. If we don't leave, we will be late."; Gabriela heard Bruna calling her.

"I'm sorry Trent, but I have to go. I'll talk to you as soon as I get back to the suite." Gabriela said goodbye.
"I will call you next time."; Trent promised. It was difficult to end the call for both of them. Neither Gabriela nor Trent wanted to end the call. But still Trent had to end the call. He didn't want to pull Gabriela back. He had to stop, otherwise it would be even more difficult for both of them. Being separated from a person who is so important to you was very difficult, but Trent realized that this is the best way. Holding Gabriela back in her career would not be something he wanted to do.

Gabriela and Bruna headed for training. Gabriela was very excited, but also quite nervous. This was all new to her. She hoped to make a good first impression, and at the end of the day, that's what matters most. Bruna went to say hello to the other girls from the team. However, Gabriela remained at the entrance admiring the magnificent scene.
"This is Gabriela, she is new. I hope you will do everything to make her feel welcome."; Bruna introduced Gabriela.
"We are all glad that you joined us. I am Elena, you can contact me anytime and about anything."; the girl introduced herself.
"Hi Elena, it's nice to meet you."; Gabriela answered. She was really excited to meet her new teammates.

A coach entered the hall. All the girls lined up next to each other. Gabriela stood at the end of the line.
"You must be Miss Pierrelle. We were really excited to bring you here. I'm the coach and this is the team. But now we don't have time to introduce ourselves. We're working here to get the results we want, I hope that's clear ."; the coach introduced himself.
"There may be some problems with the language, but don't worry, take as much time as you need to learn the language. We usually conduct trainings speaking English, so don't worry. Feel welcome and that's about it. If you have any questions, I'm here , feel free to ask. Let's go for three laps now!"; the training has started. Gabriela felt nice and welcome.

During this time, Trent had to think about his training and continue with his normal life.

After training, the girls went to the locker room. Gabriela was quite happy, although the training was very tiring, it went well.

It was quite noisy in the dressing room. All the girls were laughing and talking. Gabriela did feel a little strange that most of the girls spoke in Spanish, but Bruna spoke to her in English. The two girls spoke in Spanish and whispered something. Gabriela had the feeling that they were talking about her, but she thought that maybe it was just her imagination. The girls invited Elena, a girl Gabriela had recently met. Elena talked to the girls and laughed. When she finished talking to the two of them, she approached Gabriela.
"Sorry Gabriela, my friends wanted to ask you something, but they are a little shy."; Elena spoke. Gabriela looked at her a bit strangely, she didn't understand why the two of them didn't come to her alone.
"Emily, Sophia, come freely. You have nothing to fear, Gabriela doesn't bite."; Elena called the girls. The girls bowed their heads and seemed to be waiting for Elena to talk to Gabriela.
"I'm sorry, please, I don't know what's wrong with the two of them. They wanted to ask you if you wanted to have coffee with us now after training. I mean if you don't have any other plans."; Elena asked.
"I would like to!"; answered Gabriela. The girls raised their heads and smiled. The two of them waved at Gabriela, and she waved back.
"Bruna, you're coming with us, aren't you?"; Elena asked to be sure.
"Yes."; answered Bruna. Gabriela was of course glad to make new friends.

She felt very good with these new friends.And she couldn't wait to get to know all the girls better.When she first arrived, there was a fear that she wouldn't fit in. It's much easier for her now, of course, because she found potential friends.