CHAPTER 28: THE NEW COUPLE

Start from the beginning

I said, "But this guy is dangerous, and psycho Tom. The way he had that knife, on Judy. It scares me so much. I have no doubt he will rape me if he gets me."

Tom said, "I won't let that happen. He is not going to get you Alyssa. I promise you that."

We are in the car on the way.  Tom pulls in and parks.  He takes my hand holds it.  He said, "Alyssa are you ready to go in or you need a minute. We can sit here as long as you need."

I said, "We shouldn't keep them waiting."

He said, "Don't worry about that. I"ll call Adam tell him we are here but you need a moment."

I said, "Thanks."

Tom did, and then Jordan called me, asking if I'm okay and if I need him to come outside.

I told him I'm fine, just a little worried about drawing this guy out, he's dangerous.

I told Tom I was ready, so we went inside.

Judy, Doug, Harry, and Dennis were already gone working on their cases.

Adam greeted us, then Jordan gave me a hug. I went to stand by Jordan. The mayor greeted me.

Adam said, "let's go sit down in my office."  We all went in and sat down.

Jordan said, "Alyssa Adam has filled me in on his plans, and the talks he has had with mental health professionals. I want you to know that it's up to you, you get final say on this plan, but I did give my okay if you go along with it. But you have to agree to the plan. If you are not okay with it, then I told him we will have to find another way. I don't want you uncomfortable at all."

I said, "So you are using me as bait."

Tom said, "hell no. She isn't doing that. If that's your plan then yeah we aren't doing it."

Everyone is staring at Tom.  He gets up. He looks upset.

Adam said, "Tom calm down, that is not the plan."

Jordan said, "Adam why don't you first tell them what the professionals said, then your idea."

Adam said, "I talked to several people in the mental health field, about what is driving him, we know he feels alone, and felt connected to you from your music, he reached out, and when you wrote back that made him think you care for him, and he became obsessed."

I cry.  Jordan takes my hand.

Adam said, "they all think that he's feeling upset and rejected because he was expecting you to be happy to see him waiting for him, and when he got there you were not there, and had other people there, and I'm sure he knows that we were at least security. He's feeling rejected and betrayed by you."

I said, "Then why can't he just hate me and no longer be a fan and go home. Maybe that is what he did."

Jordan said, "Maybe but we can't just assume he did. We need to make sure you are safe, and to do that we have to find out who he is and where he is."

Adam said, "they think eventually he might write you telling you he is hurt, but we don't want to wait, who knows how long that may take. Everyone that I talked to thought the best way to find out where he is, is to get him upset, make him upset, where he reacts, and can't stop himself from reaching out.  They think that since he thinks you hired security or went to the cops, he is going to hide out, thinking that the cops will assume he's gone back home, then he will try again. We want to make him mad, so that he reacts."

Adam said, "Alyssa he has thought all this out, his military background has taught him to be thorough, have a plan, don't act without a guaranteed plan of success, he probably made lots of notes, pros and cons, things that could go wrong, and worked on it, until he thought he had a plan that would work. He's detailed. doesn't act on spur of the moment, but if we hit him with something he is not expecting, he will snap, react, and make a mistake. He won't be able to just wait and form another plan. He will fear that his plan is ruined, and that it is all going wrong, and he will just react."