Chapter 24

That morning, we were training hard again. However, this time I was practicing my quirk-induced fighting style with Tiger. I was excited but I knew he was some fierce fighter.

"Come at me Amao, full force!" Tiger signalled. I was nervous in case I went too far.

"Are you sure? I don't want to hurt you." I hesitated before getting a ferocious punch to my abdomen.

"See, hesitation will eventually lead to your death." He contorted his body in such a way that it was inhuman. "Let's go!"

I engaged my own quirk, muscles bulging, I enabled my flight response and charged towards Tiger, next trading flight for fight and striking him with a powerful punch.

Without giving him much time to react. I slid on the floor and kicked him harshly in the stomach, so much so that he ended up flying through a line of trees. I needed to stop, but I was having difficulty doing so.

"Amao! Find that happy place!" Tiger shouted, staggering.

I started to twitch, my claws digging into my skin, however, I kept enough control so as to not injure myself. I did as Tiger suggested, thinking of that happy place. The storage cupboard, back at the Kiyashi Ward Shopping Mall, where Tenya and I kissed. And just like that, my claws retracted, teeth became normal, and not beast-like.

"Awesome dude! You did it!" Tiger gave me a high-five. "You should be proud!"

"I... I just controlled my quirk, for the first time." I spoke, taking in the full scope of what just happened.

"Lets try that again, but we're going to go for longer, fight me until you feel like you're starting to slip, then think back to your happy place until you chill out." Tiger jumped back, preparing for another fight.

I was elated that night, feeling super excited at the fact I was starting to regain control. After dinner, we had gathered in a clearing in the forest, preparing for the "Test of courage" as named by Pixie-bob.

"Class B will be our scarers. Class A will walk in pairs in a loop of the forest, at the middle of the loop there will be tags with your names on them, collect them and make your way back around to the entrance." Pixie-bob explained. "Now draw numbers to get your pairings."

"Number 6." My partner and I looked at each other. My eyes widened.

"So Amao, you wanna try and peek down at the girls boobs during the activity?" Mineta looked up at me, spitting everywhere.

"Give me strength." I mumbled to myself. "Mineta, we will be doing no such thing."

After a while, it was our time to walk into the forest, I was near pissing myself anyways. I was shaking violently.

"Mineta, I'm scared." I shook. I looked around and realised he wasn't there. I screamed in fear. "MINETA!"

I just had to keep going, I started to smell something peculiar, burning. In the distance I saw Kendo, I quickly ran towards her, she had her fists enlarged, covering her friends mouths and her own.

"Amao! Don't breathe this stuff in!" Kendo spluttered. I suddenly inhaled the last portion of clean air before we were completely shrouded in this poisonous pink gas.

"We're under attack!" I gasped. "We need to get everyone out of here!"

Tetsutetsu chased us down, he provided us with Gas masks to help us fight. One of the other girls from class 1-B took the sleeping students back to safety.

"Amao, you've experienced this before, now's the time to fight right?" Tetsu showed me his fist.

"We can't act until we get permission!" I shouted, running through the forest.

Suddenly, the mist became thicker. I felt a pain in my leg. Looking down I noticed there was a bullet wound in it.

"I've been shot at!" I cried. The other two looked at me, their eyes widening.

"Students of class 1-A and 1-B, in the name of the Pro Hero Eraserhead, you have permission to use your quirks in battle!" Mandalay announced.

I was disorientated. Suddenly another shot landed in my other leg. There were more shots, this time directed towards Kendo and Tetsu. I jumped in, taking both of the shots in my back, they hurt so badly. I fell to the floor, spitting up blood.

"My lung!" I breathed heavily.

The other two had been knocked down, completely incapacitated, and that was when we heard.

"Two of the priority targets for the villains, Amao and Kaachan." Mandalay spoke.

"She's right y'know." I turned to see an evil pair of red eyes.

"What do you want from me!" I shouted.

"You'll just have to wait and see." Another shot went through my chest as I tried to protect Kendo and Tetsu.

Shots on shots, My back was aching, so badly. I felt weak. So incredibly weak, my mind was racing, I needed to trigger my fight or flight, but I was nervous.

"Hmm, after you're killed, it might be pertinent to go after someone you love dearly, what was his name? Tenya?" Another shot hit my back, I grew furious at that comment.

"DON'T EVEN UTTER HIS NAME YOU CRETIN!" I screamed letting out an almighty roar in the process, punching it in the face. The contact created such a gust, it cleared out the majority of the gas in the area. My blood rushed through my body, muscles growing to a size I had never had before. I kept getting shot at, but each time the bullet would go through me, I didn't feel any form of pain, only strength, rage and pure determination.

"I think it's time to tame the be-!" The villain spoke. I got up close to him. Without a thought I pulled out his tongue, ripping it clean off in the process. He screamed in pain.

I grabbed his skull and smashed it into the rock quarry, multiple times, watching the blood trickle out. I then kicked his lifeless looking body into a tree. Rage flowed through me, I grabbed the villain once more by the head and tossed him into the scorching blue flames. I then turned to Kendo and Tetsu, picking them up, I started to trudge my way back to the starting point, bleeding, scared, tired.

When I got closer Mandalay immediately noticed me.

"They need help." I huffed, growing increasingly angry.

"Amao! Find your happy place!" Tiger shouted, punching a villain in the face.

"I can't, I won't survive." I turned around, gasps could be heard. My back was covered in over 16 gunshot wounds. "If I go back to normal, my lung capacity shrinks, and my left lung is punctured."

"Amao, go inside now!" Mandalay shouted.

That was when my world sank.

"Amao Odayaka, turn yourself in, we have Tenya Iida held captive!"