Chapter 8

Adhira's POV:

My heart beating a million times per milliseconds and my legs shaking in fear, I tried to collect myself together as I headed towards the café opposite the hospital I work in.

Me and Vihaan have known each other for quite some time now after a surgery he had gone through because of a car accident few weeks ago.

My heart was about to jump out of my throat although it doesn't make sense scientifically.

The suspense around this mysterious "thing" which Vihaan had found, made me somewhat nauseous. Or was it the caffeine that did not set right with me. Nonetheless I picked up whatever courage I had left in me and pushed through the glass door of the café.

There he sat with his usual ice cold vague expression which helped me in no way to understand how serious the piece of information is. I knew I was not ready to know whatever the white envelope on the table in front of him carried.

As I approached the table he looked up and acknowledging my presence he asked me to sit. He was quite different from other men. Even his generosity carried a bit of an icy attitude which was nothing but cherry on the top to his greek god looking face.

As I sat opposite to him, he wasted no time to gesture me to open the envelope.

On reading the content of the papers the land beneath my feet shifted. Thank gracious, I was seated or I would've definitely fallen on the ground. I had not expected the Raisinghanis to hide something like this especially from us when me and Rehaan will get married in less than a year. But what infuriated me more was that even Rehaan hid this big if an information. Still some part of me was empathetic towards him because now I know why he worked harder than anyone else to fit in with the Raisinghanis. Why he was so set on to be a perfect child. Why he looked like he walked on eggshells around them. Why his parents had more expectations from him to be a "perfect Raisinghani" and why they never acknowledged his achievements. It was all clear to me now why they used Rehaan as a tool to climb the ladder of success so much. Why he was more of an experimenting tool to them. It's because he was not their direct blood. He feared that if he didn't exceed the standards of the Raisinghanis he would not get the place of a son in that household. Maybe this is why it was so easy for them to put him out as a bid for marriage against profit and goodwill.

For some reason this broke me and I was so distracted for the rest of the day that I was granted a half day leave before I turned against my hippocratic oath and harmed any of my patients. Even while returning home I was so out of focus that I almost landed myself in a hospital. The questions that went round and about in my head were too disturbing to keep it in me. Why did he not say this to me? Did he even know this himself? Why was he doing so much for that family who never acknowledged him? What happens when he gets to know that I know this secret? Should I discuss about this with anyone? Is it okay to keep this secret with me? Will Vihaan expose him even if I had made him swear on his family about not spilling this secret? Does anyone else know? These types of questions kept eating my head unless it felt like it'll explode any moment and I had to take appropriate medications and meditate which helped little to none.
Well I don't know if I'll be doing the right thing or not but at last I decided to not let anyone know about this until our marriage which was in 20 days. And I did not want to take any risk after being half threatened by Mahira bhabhi.

______

This one's a very very very short update but this is more of a filler chapter!!!

Things are gonna get interesting from the next chapter...

P.s Reyaan pov coming up soon!!!!

Thank you so much 🤍