Chapter 7

An irate Adhira was moving back and forth in her room, questioning herself why her loving parents had agreed to such a bizarre agreement.

Her parents were never pressuring and infact raised her with a lot of care. They had always supported her no matter what. They were okay with her decision of studying medical and being a doctor even after being their only child to carry on their family business. Never once in her life had she been forced to do anything against her will. But for the first time in 26 years they had asked something from her. They wanted her to marry the man of their choice. Initially she had dismissed them but they seemed very determined. She eventually gave in when her mother kept pushing her to meet the potential grooms. She did it for the sake of her lovely family, she was ready to give up her happily single life for her parents only to discover that her marriage is nothing but a mere business deal to strengthen their position in the market. Although it seemed absurd but it was true. Her parents had used her, their one and only daughter for some mere profits.

Streams of tears started flowing from her eyes as the bitter taste betrayal settled in her heart and spirit.

She forcefully dragged herself out of the disturbing thoughts and focus on the book she was reading, but it was in vain. Then suddenly she heard her phone ringing and the contact number shocked her. It was Vihaan! Nit Rehaan but his bestfriend! Nonetheless she picked it up.

Adhira: What is it Oberoi?

Vihaan: Nothing much. How are you?

Adhira: Why do you even care? Stop beating around the bush.

Vihaan: Fine. There's something you gotta know.

Adhira: He has a girlfriend right? I knew it!

Vihaan: I'm not done. Rehaan Bhai is not like that.

Adhira: Easy for you to say because he is your bestie's brother.

Vihaan: Will you let me finish before you assume shit?

Adhira: Okay. Go on.

Vihaan: I found something interesting. You might wanna take a look at it.

Adhira: Now don't scare me like that Oberoi!

Vihaan: You have to come and take a look, I can't send you pics.

Adhira: You sound really serious. I'm scared.

Vihaan: Meet me in the café infront of your hospital at 4pm.

Adhira: Fine. Thank you!

With that she kept the call with heavy heart. The suspense of what shock she might get tomorrow burdened her making her unable to breathe properly. The anxiety of all that's happening suffocated her. She realised she was shaking. But all that she could remember was the seriousness of Vihaan's words and whatever Mahira had said kept replaying in her head which added to her suffering.

She tried calming herself down trying to free herself from the thoughts of Raisinghanis and Vihaan's suspense. She took her medicines prescribed for her anxiety and tried meditating pushing out every single thought from her mind. Soon she found herself in a slumber.

----

Mahira's POV:

It was a hectic day at work but my work doesn't end there. I have piles of cases to read which are linked to one of the most important case we are dealing with right now.

I was interrupted when I heard Revaan coming in.

Revaan: Working of the Blue building case?

Mahira: Yep!

Revaan: It's 12.30am already! You've been busy with it since you came home! Oh and you haven't even freshened up yet!  Get ready for bed dammit! I'm too tired Mahi!

Mahira: I'll be done in a few minutes! You can go freshen up first Rev.
I said still burying my head in the files.

He just sighed and left.

Just 15 minutes later he showed up in his bathrobe, his bare muscular chest and a little bit of his abs peeking from the gap of the robe, and water dripping from his wet tousled hair to his veiny neck and chest. Looking at him, I knew he was stressed about some office work but that was my last concern at this moment. The unholy thoughts that occupied my mind made me forget about every concern I had in my life. Right now, the only thing I needed was his touch, his love, his affection and in the roughest way possible. I needed him to make all my piled up stress disappear in nothingness. I craved for him, but I knew all this was one sided. He never looked at me the way I did.

But he had the power to make me loose my breath even without doing anything. The control he had on me was unknown to even myself till now.

As I took in his every movement around the room, I realised he was walking towards me with a smug smile. This was so foreign to me that I grew conscious. I could feel the heat that crept up my body to my cheeks and the sweat beads that formed on the temples of my forehead.

Shit! He caught me staring at him. And with every step that he took towards me, my heartbeat paced faster and faster. I tried gulping down my nervousness but in vain. He noticed how nervous I am and I think it's funny to him judging by the soft but taunting chuckles that escaped his mouth. At this point I am very well aware of the red tomato mess I am.

To save myself I blurted out the excuse of getting freshen up and ran towards the bathroom.

As the cold water ran down my body, the thoughts of him resulted in my sexual arousal. For the first time in three years, I allowed my imagination to go wild. And that is when I realised that whatever I have towards him is not mere liking. It's much more than that. 

And it's not just about physical attraction, I am getting attached to him emotionally. All this while what I thought of as gestures of kindness towards him or his family is actually my love, care and appreciation towards them. It was never easy for him to accept me as a part of his family or give me the status of his better half, but he never for once deprived me of our marital vows and even if he never considered me as his partner but he took care of me like any real friend would. He did much more than what the deal between us stated. He was by my side when I almost died or when my family disowned me and this list might go on icluding all his small gestures. I was never attracted to his extremely charming looks but these small gestures was what made him so hot. So I don't know if these thoughts of him and me together

I have never been loved my whole life but I have seen someone being loved by Revaan and I kid you not when I say he is a whole new person when in love; and I'll be lying if I said I don't wanna be the person being loved by Revaan but I constrain myself knowing the history we share.

[End of Mahira's POV]

_____

Quite dramatic right? Will Mahira's feelings be reciprocated by her Rev? What's the truth that's stopping them to come closer? Is her feelings really one sided?

To know that you have to stay hooked on the story and wait for the upcoming parts.

I hope you like this chapter and if you do please please please vote and comment!!

Thank you so much 🤍