Chapter 2 - The playful conversation starts

Jade didn't know what to think about Tori.

First, she weirdly shows up in Trina's place at The Big Showcase (thank god) and sings... well, she sings amazingly. This girl probably never had a single singing lesson, by how tremblingly nervous she was on stage, and was already better than the majority of the students in Hollywood Arts.

It was no wonder the principal himself gave her a place in HA as a student, to which she promptly accepted. Well, good for her I guess. As long as she stood out of her way, Jade had nothing to do with her.

Oh, how wrong she would find herself to be.

There she was, in her first day of school, in all her awkward glory. Not only that, but she was getting all friendly with Beck, her boyfriend.

Oh Tori would regret it.

And regret she did, by the look of her face after having coffee dumped all over her.

Jade felt proud, asserting her dominance like that. No one messed with what was hers.

The next day, however, truly tested her self-control, because there she was again, ready for another round.

She was already peeved from their previous encounter, so Jade performed horribly in the alphabetical improv, getting herself kicked out earlier than usual.

Already feeling angry and humiliated, what happened next only fueled her desire to make this girl suffer.

She kissed Beck. Granted, Beck accepted it (she would have a long talk with him later), but Tori had absolutely no right to do what she did.

She decided right there and then; she hated Tori Vega, and would try her absolute best to make her days in this school hell.

...Or so she thought.

Her plans of making Tori's life miserable lasted all but a few days, because of one particular incident that Jade herself caused.

They were having lessons in Stage Fighting and, coincidentally, her and Tori got paired up together to plan a stage fighting scene. Which was just perfect for what she had in mind.

It would go by smoothly, if it wasn't for freaking André, finding out that she faked the black eye. Of course, he immediately went to tell Tori about it, and Jade feared what would happen next.

Except that nothing happened. Not to her, at least. Beck told her that Tori didn't tell the truth to anyone, so she still had to face her disgusting punishment.

Jade didn't understand. She thought Tori was the type to defend herself and fight back. Get revenge for the wrongs people do to her.

So Jade confronted her. Questioned her misplaced (?) kindness and generosity, while the girl scraped off some weird food mess on the wall.

It was all for peacemaking, apparently. Something about a never ending hate cycle, that, in the end, would only bring suffering for the both of them.

Well, now all she could feel was guilt. Tori clearly didn't reciprocate her feelings of hate towards her, and even faced punishment for something she didn't even do, just so Jade wouldn't get in trouble. What the heck?

Clearly, Tori's peacemaking attempt worked, because, moments later, she found herself helping clean the food fight mess. She gave Tori a sarcastic smile though, so she wouldn't think it was out of kindness in her heart (it was).

What Jade was truly puzzled about though, was how Tori acted around her after that day. Whenever she threw an insult, instead of fighting back, she was all giggles and smiles, like she really paid no mind and actually liked them. She was sometimes even following Jade around! Disgusting. It honestly reminded her of a golden retriever, which, personally, she found kinda cute.

But that was not the point! Tori was supposed to hate her, despise her for the things Jade did to her, not... act like they've been long time friends, where she would be used to her rough and rude attitude! Not even Beck had that much patience towards her. And he was her boyfriend!

Had Tori really figured out Jade that quickly? 'Cause her reputation would go down the drain by this rate.

Jade had an image to uphold, and no Tori Vega was going to ruin her perfectly constructed bad girl persona.

"Hey Jade!" Her musings were broken by the very same girl that troubled her thoughts. She ignored her though, instead focusing on getting the right books in her locker for the next class.

"Jade."

"..."

"Wanna get some coffee with me after class?"

Damn her and her coffee addiction. But she had to play it cool.

"No."

"Okay! I'll see you after school. Don't worry, I can pay for yours." And then she was off.

Just what the flying f–...

Jade sighed while rubbing her forehead. She was gonna say "yeah, sure" eventually, after denying a couple times, just to test her, but it's like she saw right through her. She was worse than Cat. What the heck was she supposed to do about this?

Yeah, Jade really didn't know what to think about Tori.