Arjun sighed- "Baccha, I am at the Delhi airport. Flight 6 hours delayed hai. Mai nahi aa paunga."

Tears welled up in her eyes and she ran off to her room. Arjun tried calling for her but she was already gone.

Sameer turned the camera towards himself and glared at his friend.

Sameer- "You are a moron, Arjun Rawte! Kya zarurat thi usse batane ki? Bol dete thodi der me pahuch jaoge and video call pe cake cut karwa lete."

Arjun sighed again- "You really think that would have worked, Sam? I know my child. She would have never agreed!"

Sameer angrily - "Isme bhi Teri galti hai! Itni zidd usne tujhse hi seekhi hai. You have spoilt her."

Arjun gave him a look- "Really? Maine spoil Kiya hai? Jab bhi usse daantata hu toh tu aur teri woh behen beech me aa jate hai uske saviour banane."

Sameer growled- "Stop being a jerk and mana usse chal ke!"

Arjun- "Ab kya tere phone ke par hai ki khud pahuch jaayenge? Apne pairo ka istemal kar aur chal!"

Ashi kept her head on Roshni's lap and was crying bitterly. She wasn't taking the situation well.

Aki-, tried to distract her- "Stop being a crybaby, Ashi!"

But that only worsened the condition. Her cries increased in volumes making Roshni glare at him. He bit his tongue and gave her an apologetic look.

Roshni gently- "Ashi,baccha, aise koi rota hai kya apne birthday Wale din? Tere dada ko kya accha lag raha hoga ki unke wajah se unki princess aise to Rahi hai?"

Ashi shook her head as her tears subsided.

Roshni made her sit up- "Kal jab tere dada aayenge toh hum sab milke unki aache se khabar lenge! Bas Aaj cake cut karle. Please."

Ashi nodded sadly. She didn't how to not listen to her Vahini. She was so gentle and understanding that obeying her came naturally to her. Not out of fear or even respect but out of pure love and adoration.

Sam was standing on the door all this while- "Dekh! Abhi meri behen ki hi burai kar raha tha tu. Teri tarah khadoos nahi hai phir bhi Ashi listens to her more than you!"

Aki interrupted them- "Mere dada khadoos nahi hai!"

Sam ruffled his hair- "Aa gaya dada ka chamcha! Tere dada super khadoos hai, samjhe...ya samjhau!"

Aki poked out his tongue at Sam while Sam raised his hand to whack him but ended up ruffling his hair all over again.

Aki looked at his dada on the screen- "I am missing you, dada! Jaldi aao na."

Arjun smiled- "Kal subah tere uthne se pehle aa jaunga Mai! Promise."

Aki gave him a wide smile at that. By then, Roshni reached the door with Ashi by her side.

Arjun- "Good girl, Ashi! I am proud of you."

Ashi rolled her eyes at her dada and stomped out of the room,sulking. Roshni didn't even look at him and marched out of the room annoyed. Arjun was shocked!

Sam- "All the Best, Rawte!"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Sameer was sitting in his cabin with a hand over his head. Over the years, his bond with his kiddos has seen a major downfall. That day, he had not just lost his sister but also his best friend and his kiddos. He had lost the only family that he had. For the namesake, he had a big family back in Rajasthan but the day he decided that he'll stay back in Mumbai and join the police force, he had become an orphan.