Chapter 1 - I'm wonderstruck, dancing around all alone

Tori liked Jade.

What? Too fast? My bad. To the beginning it is then.

Ever since the stage fighting incident, where Jade showed an uncharacteristic (?) gentle and apologetic side to her, Tori began seeing her differently. Before, all Jade had shown was anger, rudeness, and willingness to make others suffer. You know, all the bad stuff. So Tori just thought she would be your regular old highschool bully.

But she was proven wrong. Maybe it's because she had zero patience for this type of stuff, seeing it way too much back in Sherwood, but she didn't feel like entertaining Jade, thinking it would make her back away for being too boring. It was what she expected.

Shame on her then, for judging someone so quickly.

So Tori started noticing the little things.

Like how Jade would give a quick, small side smile every time Beck touched her in class.

How Jade focused a hundred percent on every creative writing class.

How Jade ate her lunch (or anything really) slowly, savoring each and every piece of her meal.

How Jade loved coffee above everything else (maybe even Beck). She even took a mental note to remember her favorite.

How Jade's eyes were a unique mixture of gray, blue and green that seemed to stare deep into your soul when she looked at you.

And, above all, how Jade was unbelievably beautiful.

Okay, maybe that wasn't one of the "little things". Whatever.

Maybe she was getting a bit out of track. Anyways.

After that day, Tori was absolutely sure that Jade's big bad girl attitude was just a well practiced front. A mask to protect herself maybe. But from what, she wouldn't dare assume.

So, as a result, all she could see herself doing was laughing and smiling when Jade threw insults at her, 'cause, really, what's the point of pretending? It's exhausting, and would only hurt later, so, she decided, Tori would be completely honest with her feelings. She wouldn't hide them, or pretend they were something else.

And that meant with the others too.

What? Steal her from Beck? No, no! Tori just wanted to be her friend. She would feel like the worst person in the world if that was her intention.

Because, when you like someone, your top priority is that they are happy and comfortable. So Tori would go above and beyond to make Jade feel that way.

...If that was possible, that is.

Cuz, you see... Jade did her best to make it seem like she hated her, contrary to herself, who made it clear to everyone who glanced their way that Tori liked Jade.

Platonically, though. For once Tori was glad that heteronormativity was a thing, so, really, no one else thought her feelings were in the romantic side of things. That would make things so freaking awkward.

Maybe she should remove the "I kissed a girl" sticker on her locker... You know, for precaution. It was way too obvious. Like, what if–

"Vega!"

The sudden call of her name had her jump in surprise. She quickly closed her locker door and turned around, seeing Jade with an annoyed look on her face.

"How long are you gonna stand there like a weirdo? Even I thought something was wrong with you, geez." Tori instantly melted. Jade was worried about her! "C'mon, let's get to class. You could fail for all I care though."

Yeah, sure.

Tori didn't mind the jab at all, she knew Jade never really meant those. Her true self showed from time to time, and Tori longed for these moments. And, want it or not, this kinda was one of them.

"Okay!"

With the brightest of smiles, Tori followed after an angry looking Jade.

Yeah. You could say Tori really liked Jade.