Chapter One

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting a golden hue over the sprawling estate, Aisha Deshrukh stood at the edge of the rose garden, her hands clasped tightly in front of her. The scent of roses mingled with the crisp evening air, creating a delicate ambiance that belied the tension knotting her stomach.

Her gaze drifted toward the grand mansion that had been her Chacha ji house, its imposing facade a stark reminder of the weight of responsibility that now rested upon her shoulders. With her father's recent passing, she had become the sole heir to his fortune, a position that demanded more than just wealth and privilege.

A rustle of footsteps behind her interrupted her reverie, and she turned to find her chachi ji, Mrs Deepa Deshrukh, approaching with a sense of purpose in her stride.

"Aisha, my dear, "Chachi Ji began, her voice carrying a hint of urgency. "There is something we must discuss."

Mrs Deshrukh hesitated momentarily, her gaze flickering with uncertainty before she finally spoke. "I have received a proposal-a marriage proposal-for you."

Aisha's heart skipped a beat, disbelief washing over her. A marriage proposal? She had always assumed she would marry for love, not convenience or obligation. But as she studied her chachi's troubled expression, she realized that this proposal was not borne out of romantic intentions.

"Who would propose such a thing?" she asked, her voice tinged with a mixture of curiosity and apprehension.

Mrs Deshrukh sighed, her shoulders sagging under the weight of their circumstances. "Yuvraj Sharma."

Aisha's breath caught in her throat. Yuvraj Sharma, the enigmatic aristocrat known for his shrewd business dealings and formidable reputation. She had met him only once, at a party, where his piercing gaze had left an indelible impression on her.

"Why would he propose to me?" she murmured, more to herself than to her mother.

Chachi's lips pressed into a thin line. "He has his reasons, though he did not divulge them to me. But considering our current financial situation, I fear we have little choice but to entertain his offer."

Aisha's mind raced as she considered the implications of such a union. A marriage of convenience-to a man she barely knew, no less-was not what she had envisioned for her future. But as she glanced once more at the imposing mansion behind her, she knew that desperate times called for desperate measures.

With a heavy heart, she nodded slowly. "Very well, Chachi JI. I will meet with Yuvraj and hear what he has to say."

As CHACHI JI placed a reassuring hand on her daughter's shoulder, Aisha couldn't shake the feeling that their lives were about to change in ways they could never have imagined. And as the first stars began to twinkle in the evening sky, she braced herself for the uncertain path that lay ahead.