I couldn't say anything to that. It was clearly evident how defensive I got and there's no denying it now.

I was startled when Liam walked to me and sat opposite to me, sighing.

"I feel alarmed, Raelynn. If it was any other man, I would've been very happy.", Liam said calmly.

"It's nothing as you think. We're just acquaintances.", I replied, looking at him.

"You don't sound very satisfied with that answer yourself.", he stated in a neutral tone.

"What else can there be between him and me?", I chuckled dryly, looking away.

"Do you have feelings for him?", he asked firmly.

"NO.", I answered immediately, the underlying fear stirring my heart.

Liam raised a brow at me, questioning the legitimacy of my answer.

I stood up and turned around, walking a few steps away, feeling overwhelmingly restless.

"Neither of us know anything about each other to have feelings. Even Milan said some stupid stuff about Vincent having feelings for me. It's just not possible, Liam, it cannot be.", I said, stressed.

"If you have no feelings for him, why are you upset saying it out loud?", he questioned calmly.

My gaze kept flickering restlessly, my breath turning heavy in anxiety, while a strange unease enveloped me, suffocating my conscience.

"Your emotions and feelings are something you need to realize yourself. However, do you really think Vincent Marino doesn't know anything about you?", Liam asked inquiringly.

That grabbed my attention back to him, making me turn around to face him.

"Huh?", I frowned, confused.

"Considering how you defended him, I presume you've grown close to him to some extent. For a man who indulges in highly dangerous stuff, you would only be fooling yourself if you think he hadn't already fished out every minute detail of yours.", he replied, leaning back in his chair.

"He wouldn't do something of that sort.", I replied, slightly shaking my head.

"He already would've done it. Just like how you feel responsible for the welfare of your employees, he would, as a leader, be responsible for the safety of his family, organization and company. Will he haphazardly let a stranger get close to him without knowing anything about them? Letting one wrong person in would endanger the lives of everyone working under him and himself. I may not know him properly, but if he's a responsible boss, he would've dug everything about you long ago.", he explained his claim patiently.

I sat down, feeling troubled.

Is Vincent a responsible boss?

Yes.

He takes his family's safety more seriously than anything else and yet he let me into their house, let me get closer to his siblings, his most cherished people.

Would he have done that without knowing anything about me?

Impossible. He'd never do anything that would put even a small scratch on his kids.

That realization cleared the frown on my face, numbing my mind while my stomach twisted into a painful knot and my heart beat uncontrollably fast in anger, disgust, fear and agitation, as suffocation constricted my chest tightly.

How did I miss such logic? Why didn't I think of it before?

How much does he know?

Maybe he just knows I'm kidnapped.