Chapter 5: Reconcilement

When the boy who should buy me milk went to the convenience store, me and my mother left the house. I feel the awkwardness between us because she changed her attitude because of what happened. She starts to talk to me as if I could understand her.

"Kana, my daughter, I'm sorry for being a horrible mother to you. How could I become a good mother for you?" she said with teary eyes.

She hugged me lightly, and I also accepted it because I knew that people change

While crying, she said, "Now I know what my brother felt when holding you; you're like a delicate living thing that I must treasure until you can become independent someday."

My eyes widen from my mother's words, and I see my previous mother in her. Then I start to cry. We both cry for a moment and calm down. Until the doorbell rang for a moment, when my mother went to see who it was, it was the boy who bought milk at my mother's request. She thanked the boy and gave him some extra money as a thank you for buying her milk. My mother tries to offer him to go inside, but he refuses as he has something he had to do. My mother was a little disappointed, but she thanked him, and they greet each other a bow, and then the boy left. I thought to myself that the boy had really done me a great favor although I could not see clearly his face because my mother is in the way.

Time flies, and it became afternoon when my uncle came to pay a visit to me and mother.

"Hello, guess whose here!~!" my uncle said in a cute tone.

He gave me a big kiss on the forehead and pampered me.

He also realizes that my mom changed, and he is also grateful for the change of heart of his previously cold sister

He also realizes that my mom changed, and he is also grateful for the change of heart of his previously cold sister. The three of us ate dinner together, and the two of them were the ones who put me to bed and sang for me until I fell asleep. My uncle went home, and my mother slept beside the bed near my crib cage. From that day on, I thought to myself that although this is the day my father cheated on my mother but also the day my mother became a doting mother to me I now see that this was the best day that I had ever experienced in my new life as Kana Arima together with them. 

To be continue~