People change

The last time i saw Kaneki he saved me then disappeared again, have thought about that day ever since. According to the news he went to fight off the rest of the doves ending up in a tie and his demise.
I found out about his death from his best friend,  Nagachika, who over the years has become one of my best friends. He reassured me that he was by Kaneki's side when he went.

I graduated collage studying dramatic arts and became a successful singer. After coming back from one of my tours I went to see Touka at her coffee shop like always. While catching up with her and Yomo (who was  helping out there), someone came in. When I turned around I dropped my cup and it smashed on the ground. The man quickly rushed over to help me. It was him! Kaneki! "Are you okay?" He asked "I'm okay... you're... alive?" He looked at me confused "I'm sorry? Do I know you?" He asked "am I that easy to forget?" I replied. Before he was able to respond some kids he was with noticed me and rushed over asking for pictures and my autograph.

"Y/n I'm such a big fan! Can I take a photo with you?" Asked one of the kids with an eye patch similar to the one Kaneki used to wear. "Oh. Um. Of-course! Yeah!" After taking photos with the kids and signing their stuff I turned to Touka and Yomo. "What the hell?!" I said quietly "he's had his memory erased goes by the name Haise Sasaki now, and works for the doves" said Yomo also speaking in a hushed tone. The whole time he was there I couldn't help but look behind me continuously until one of the kids said "teach I think y/n has a thing for you" and I saw him look over at me and blush.

He is exactly like he was when I first met him, kind, calm and shy. All the feelings I had for him came flooding back in and I found myself starting to cry, All I wanted to do was run over and hug him tightly and never let him go again! But instead all I could do was wait for the day he remembers me. I grabbed my things and said goodbye to Touka and Yomo before heading home. When I got home I called my agent and manager and told them I would be taking some time off singing so I could get Kaneki back.

For the next couple of months I watched him intensely and studied this new version of him. I knew when he went to Touka's coffee shop and made sure I was there too, looking my best. I studied all of his students as-well. While watching them I noticed the little one with the eye patch couldn't release his Kagune and Kaneki wasn't fighting like he used too, he was weaker. I noticed this during his fight with Nishiki but Haise knew him as 'Serpent'. 

While walking down the street one day I ran into the eye patch kid who looked frustrated and sad. "Hey, what's up?" I asked he looked up at me "my Kagune won't work!" He said "want me to teach you?" I asked "how?" He replied "can you keep a secret?" I whispered kneeling down "yes! Absolutely!" He said excitingly "I'm a half ghoul, I almost died and had to get an organ transplant when I was younger, the only organs available were the ghouls who tried to kill me",  "seriously?! Wait! You haven't killed anyone have you?" He said suspicious of me "no. I can live off of human food so I don't need to eat humans" I replied.

After that we began our secret training. "I realised my Kagune for the first time while training, but that doesn't apply to everyone. For example someone I knew who was in the same situation as me didn't release theirs until they were in a life or death situation. Have you ever eaten human meat?" I said, he looked at me for a while before saying "no I haven't eaten human meat why?" He asked.

"while we can survive on human food if we want to strengthen our ghoul side we do have to eat human meat, I have never killed a human, but, to strengthen myself I have had to eat human meat from those already deceased"  he started thinking then added "will that help me release my Kagune?", "no. But it will strengthen it when released" i replied. I told him what the doctor told me years ago. And although he wasn't able to release his Kagune I helped him defend himself against someone who could.

While watching Kaneki, I noticed he was able to eat Human food and was confused because he couldn't do that before? After looking into it I found out his RC count in his blood was lowered intentionally using RC suppressants by the CCG. That suppressed his ghoul features and must be the reason he isn't fighting like he used to. I also found out they were planning to attack and capture 'Nutcracker' a ghoul who auctioned off young girls to other rich ghouls.

The night of the fight I attended as one of the rich ghouls to help Kaneki and Mutsuki, his student with the eyepatch as he was being auctioned. When he arrived on stage his red eye was revealed making him more desirable. Once the fight broke out I ran to help 
Mutsuki. "What are you doing here" he asked "shhh no one can know I'm here okay! I came to help. if the CCG knows I'm here they will capture me!" I said in a hushed tone, "what?! Why? You haven't killed anyone? Right?" He asked quietly "no I haven't, but I'm on record for fighting the CCG years ago to save my friends who were innocent! But. They managed to kill one of them..."

I told him to hide while I fought off and killed most of the ghouls while keeping myself hidden. Once I knew he was safe I ran to find Kaneki. He was fighting a former Dove who was now a half ghoul when Hina intervened. What the hell?! She's not supposed to be here! "HINA WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" I shouted "y/n? What are you doing here?" She asked puzzled by my presence "what do you think? I'm helping someone I love" I replied "well so am I" she said then continued to fight off the other ghoul. I went to run to Kaneki when the CCG came in and helped him for me but, they captured Hina.

throughout the battle I kept a close eye on Kaneki and I'm glad I did as he got into it again with the same ghoul. This time the CCG wouldn't help him so I did. I couldn't understand why he was here because this fight wasn't with Aogiri but it didn't matter. I ran over and attacked the psycho that dared to touch my Kaneki. I had that idiot running away screaming after a couple of minutes. "You're Royal Night" said Kaneki, I turned around "I am and you used to be Ken Kaneki, just shows people really do change" i replied before running away. But I didn't leave the ground until I knew everyone was safe. Before I went home I went to tell Touka what had happened with Kaneki and Hina, after filling her in we set up a plan to get them both back.