007. The Impact of the Naval Battle

Start from the beginning

"...That concludes everything I witnessed."

Brueye finished his report.

"Well then, anything to add? The fleet from the State of Japan challenged a fleet of 4.400 enemy ships with just 20 vessels, sinking around 3.000 ships single-handedly. Additionally, they managed to fend off an aerial assault of over 300 wyverns with just around 30 air support units and even shot down all enemy Wyverns? And without suffering any casualties?"

War Minister Yavin shook his head in disbelief.

"Yes, sir. From what I saw, that's correct."

"The report states no casualties. Not a single person lost their life!? And the Second Fleet of our navy had no role to play!?"

"That's correct. At least, not from what I observed. If anything, there might not even be any injuries. And as for the Second Fleet, they were practically idle."

"What!? Sir Sakai, is this true? He's a military observer; it's hard to believe he'd lie here. But the magnitude of the achievement is so enormous, it's hard to grasp the reality."

Turning to Sakai as prompted by Lord Yavin, Sakai responded as if it were a matter of course, "Of course, he's correct. In compiling this report, I've heard accounts from all the captains. Their testimonies align with Brueye-dono's report, so there's no reason to doubt. Indeed, there were no casualties from our forces in that naval battle."

In fact, after receiving the mission completion report from Ooyodo, Sakai immediately dispatched reconnaissance planes to track the enemy fleet. The reconnaissance flight reported back that there were approximately 1.000 to 1.200 remaining enemy ships, without any aerial support for the enemy fleet. In other words, in the Naval Battle of Rodenius, the Tawi-Tawi Fleet led by Ooyodo had indeed sunk over 3.000 enemy ships. The losses suffered by the Lourian forces would be around 120.000 casualties, over 3.000 ships sunk, and the loss of over 300 wyverns.

On the other hand, there were no casualties among the Tawi-Tawi Fleet and its air group. Not a single ship was hit. Zero casualties with such significant achievements. The Tawi-Tawi Fleet was truly overwhelming. But to Sakai, it unfolded exactly as planned.

"So... it's all really true?"

"You can say with 100 percent certainty that it's true," Sakai asserted firmly.

"This is ridiculous... I can't believe... this..."

Yavin was speechless. Well, considering the standards on Rodenius, it's quite unreasonable to consider this as truth. So, his reaction is understandable.

"Well, for now, let's chalk this up as a victory," Prime Minister Kanata spoke to wrap up the discussion. "We managed to prevent an invasion from the sea. It seems the enemy still has around 1.000 ships left, but they've been dealt a heavy blow. It won't be easy for them to attempt another naval attack so soon. Isn't that right, Sir Sakai?"

"Yes. Even if they were to come again, our forces have at least 180 ships with the same or even greater firepower than the vessels we fought against this time. The Lourian fleet won't stand a chance of getting through. Furthermore, if they dare to come again, we'll pursue them all the way to Louria's territorial waters and obliterate every last ship. We're fully capable of doing that."

Even Kanata was taken aback by Sakai's statement.

"I-I see... that's reassuring. Well then, Lord Yavin, what about the movements of the enemy's land forces?"

Although Yavin seemed completely demoralized earlier, upon hearing Kanata's words, he quickly regained his composure.

"According to reports from reconnaissance by wyvern riders and spies, the Lourian army is currently fortifying positions and procuring supplies around the city of Gim. Since their seaborne attack failed, they seem to be exercising caution. Therefore, the military department has determined that the possibility of a lightning-fast invasion by the Lourian army is almost nonexistent."