Chapter 2

It's been a week since school started and the club sign-ups were officially ready to go.

VideogameCoolios Chat

greenie: it's first come first serve, but don't show up at 3 am to get your name first on your club list. Security Guard Jarred doesn't need a line of camping teens like last year Nya

WaterLily: what.. a bunch of new people wanted to get in the robotics club I had to secure my spot.

CakeBraine: Am I still banned from the culinary club?

hothead: dude you literally ate all their food that one time.

Greenie: yeah man, sorry but your banned for life

Mr.smartypants: *you're

Greenie: 😒 don't be late and don't be extra early.

It seemed like Lloyd's words went on deaf ears since by the time he arrived at the school that morning a bunch of students were seated outside while chatting with friends.

"Are you serious?" Lloyd said in shock, pulling up in the parking lot.

"Hey man, when will you let us in?" Kai said, dabbing Lloyd up when he reached the entrance.

"I don't have the key," Lloyd said, confused. He looked over the tens of people who sat on the school stairs. "Why are you all here?"

"Waiting duh, I almost didn't get into the drama club last year cuz I was one minute too late," Kai explained.

"Well, you guys have to wait a bit longer before heading in, see ya," Lloyd replied, before passing mounts of people. He pulled out the key and slipped it in the lock before disappearing into the school, leaving the students to watch him.

"That little trick," Kai said, his hands on his hips staring at where Lloyd just was. "He had a key the whole time.

——

"I need single file lines!" Mr. Tyron yelled, but his voice was drowned in the students shoving and pushing to get to the front. "Single file!!"

"Phew," Jay said stumbling out of the crowd and to Cole, Lloyd, and Nya who were standing/ leaning next to lockers

"So, what did you get," Lloyd asked, looking up from his phone to his still-panting friend.

"I was fast enough to get into the Stem club, robotics club, comedy club, like usual, and then I choose the martial arts club cuz why not," Jay said shrugging before taking his place next to Nya.

"Lloyd," Kai said, appearing from the crowd. "Why was your name the first on every club you wanted to be in?"

Lloyd smiled sheepishly. "Well, like I said, first come first serve,"

"I, like last year, barely got a place on the drama club, I was like middle for the school blog though," Kai shifted his backpack onto his other arm. "The good thing is that Skylor is also in both clubs, so I can finally get her to fall in love with me."

"Seriously?" Pixel said, rolling her eyes as she appeared out of the crowd with Zane. "She's going to send you a restraining order if you keep bothering her like that."

"She won't, I'm too amazing for that," Kai replied, flashing his amazing smile at a couple of girls. They all melted at the sight before arguing about who he was smiling at. "See?"

"Oh my," Pixel said, pulling Zane along with her as they left for their lockers.

"Just making sure, you all signed up for the debate team right?" Lloyd asked his friends. He was met with nods in agreement. "Good."