22. Soft, Fizzy Sound

Start from the beginning

After about two hours of chopping vegetables and cooking the curry, everything was good to go. I only needed to cook the rice, but I would do that when Becky arrived. I just hoped I wouldn't burn anything down.

I took a big whiff and then put a lid on the pot. It smelled delicious and I very well knew that without Billy I wouldn't have been able to pull this off. I kissed him gratefully on the cheek.

'Thank you, Billy. It's almost time and I still need to shower. I don't want to be impolite, but you better go' I apologetically said, quickly tidying up my kitchen.

'If you want, I could wash your back. That could save you some time.' he laughed, trying to slap my ass. I swiftly jumped out of the way and ran towards my bathroom.

'No thanks. Now you can show yourself out, I'm not opening the door for you anymore.' I said, trying to make it sound like a punishment.

"Sure thing. You can think about Becky during your shower.' Billy smirked and made an obscene movement with his hips. I shook my head in disgust and pointed at my front door. He sighed and started walking in the direction I was pointing.

'Okay, okay. No need to get mad.' He muttered, pretending I hurt his feelings.

'Thank you, Billy. I mean it.'

'You're welcome. Have fun tonight.'

I smiled and as soon as Billy closed the front door, I stripped and jumped in my shower. Why did he have to bring up thinking about Becky in my shower...

After the shower, I put on some fresh clothes. I had thrown on a cute skirt and a classy blouse. I was just putting on some makeup when my doorbell rang. I nervously dropped my lipstick, making a red smudge in my sink. Whoops. Oh well, I would clean that up later.

It had been a while since I had visitors in my home. Well, not like Billy or family, but like a date. I quickly checked myself in the mirror before running towards the door. I took in a deep breath and turned the doorknob.

'Hi, come in.' I greeted, letting my eyes travel over her entire figure. Damn. How the hell was I supposed to keep my hands off her when she looked like that? She kissed me on my cheek and brought her lips closer to my ear.

'You like what you see?' she whispered, making a chill run down my spine.

I wordlessly nodded, trying my hardest not to look down at her cleavage or let my hands run over her back.

'You look very stunning yourself' she concluded before pulling back and taking her shoes and coat off.

'I'll take your coat. The living room is just right through.' I politely said, taking her jacket and discreetly looking at her ass when she walked into my house. I placed her coat over a hanger and hung it up.

Shame she took her heels off, they made her legs so unbelievably long. Although without they were still extremely sexy.

Becky had made herself comfortable on my couch and for some reason, she just fit right in.

'Can I offer you a drink?'

'Yes, please'

'I have a nice red wine?'

'I like red wine?'

'I know.'

I went into my kitchen and opened one of the bottles of wine I bought earlier on. I started pouring when my phone started ringing. I looked at the screen and noticed it was my boss. I took a quick look at Becky, who was reading the newspaper of the day.

'BB, I'm quickly going to take this call, am sorry' I shouted, catching her attention. She put her thumb up and waved with the newspaper.

'Can I complete the crossword puzzle?' she mouthed; her eyebrow pulled up in a questioning look.

'Sure thing. Go ahead!'

Becky nodded and picked up the pen that was lying next to the paper. I had been filling it in, but I hadn't found the time to finish it. I shook my head in amusement and picked up the phone, wondering why he was calling.

'Freen, good evening. I hope I am not disturbing you?'

'Not really, but Becky is with me though.' I answered, fixating my eyes on her. She was hastily writing letters down.

'Good. I think it's time to give her the love pill. I know it's not an easy decision, that's why I'm making it for you' my boss said, with a tone that made it very clear that he meant it.

"Sir, with all due respect, but I think she might be falling for me without it.' I tried, but I knew that he was right.

'Sarocha. Your job is to get the information, if you think that making her fall is the way to do it, go for it. But that means that it must happen as fast as possible and that's where the love pill comes in. I won't take no for an answer.'

I knew he was right, and I wish I could refuse, but I was under contract, and this was just something I had to do.

'Yes, sir. I'll give it tonight.' I gave in, hanging up and dying inside. I looked at Becky and sighed. She didn't deserve this. I wanted to make her happy and give her everything that her heart desired, but I was going to be the one who'd crushed it.

A broken heart and shattered trust. Lovely.

I put the phone down and felt my heart sink. I felt so nauseated that I almost had to throw up. After this mission, I was quitting my job. No way that I kept doing this after breaking Becky's heart. It was a miserable and lousy job. It had to be done, surely, but not by me anymore.

I took the tiny box from my briefcase and opened it up, my hands trembling when I took the love pill out. I nervously swallowed and carefully opened it. Inside was a white, powdery substance. I closed my eyes and tilted the capsule over with one swift motion. I heard the powder fall down and it made a soft, fizzy sound.

I picked up the glasses, remembering I had to give Becky the glass in my left hand, and walked back into the living room. I extended my left hand and gave her the glass, although every fiber of my being was screaming not to.

I sat down next to her and raised my glass for a celebratory clink, but there was nothing festive about this night. She barely made our glasses touch while she looked me straight in the eye. I managed to smile, and my eyes followed her glass that travelled to her lips and the wine that flowed into her mouth.

She swallowed her sip, making my betrayal a fact.