Chapter three

Flashback

July 7
4:03 am

I heard his alarm ring and woke up before he could and I brushed my teeth.

He miraculously doesn't have bad breath at all after waking up. He woke up and saw me looking at him. He smiled a bit and came closer.

Yes he's not such a tsundere when he wakes up.

He touched his lips to my slightly parted ones. When he was going to break apart I kissed him back. He smirked and I felt it. He mumbled to my lips.

"Why are you being so nice today nanodayo?"

"Hmm?"

"Is it because today is special?"

"Isn't everyday with me special?"

"..."

"I know. I'm just too good."

"You are"

"Heh. I'm only joking Mr. Midorima Shintaro."

"Right now I must wake up Mrs. Midorima Shintaro."

I felt my cheeks heating up. Only he could make me feel this way. I nodded.

He woke up to get ready and go to his workplace which is a hospital.

Being Japan's most famous doctor he has a lot of expectations and he's the most reliable that way.

He pushes himself so much and he's always at his best at work.

He truly deserves the award of being Japan's best doctor.

He's just too good isn't he?

My best friend. My lover. My husband.

I woke up to make him breakfast. He likes red bean soup at anytime of the day but I'd decided to make that for dinner as Shin didn't like going out so much. I made pancakes. He liked them so he'd eat them.

Honestly he'd even eat my food disaster just so I wouldn't be disappointed in myself.
Interrupting my thoughts he walked in and acknowledged my presence.

"Yume"

I turned to face him. It's his birthday. I pretend to forget. He thinks I've forgotten. How could I? I love him too much.

"Eh? What?"

"Do you know today is good day for cancers?"

"You say that everyday, Shin"

"Tch. Not everyday nanodayo. But today is supposed to be good"

I turned away and smiled.

"Okay"

He was reading the newspaper and eating breakfast. I decided to get ready for my work just to annoy him.

"I'm going to have a shower. See you tonight."

"But so early? Not like I care or anything nanodayo. Why?"

"I know you don't care."

I winked and he widened his eyes and blushed furiously.

"Just some work to do shin"

"Hmph"

I started to walk away as I heard the chair move indicating he got up. He cleared his throat. I turn around to bump into his chest.

He immediately straightens me up by holding my shoulders and when I look at him and smile he takes his hands off me while looking away.

Then he leans down to kiss my forehead and then he turns away to leave. I follow him to the door.