Jealousy Headcanons

Sceptile and Snivy are green.. but they can be green with envy, too.

(I know envy ≠ jealousy, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to make that joke..)

- Between Sceptile and Snivy, Sceptile is far more likely to get jealous than Snivy is— and he's far less inclined to hide it, too.
- He's not exactly proud of it. If he does happen to get jealous, he'll usually be upset with himself for feeling that way at all. But he's not very used to having someone to call his own, and so he's not about to let Snivy be whisked away by some other guy. There'll be no Tropius nearby to sweep her off her feet if he's got anything to say about it.
- He doesn't have a problem with other Pokémon talking to Snivy or looking at her,— he won't deny that she's easy on the eyes— but Arceus forbid they try to be flirtatious in any capacity. Some unsuspecting grass-type Pokémon that Oak was studying had attempted that, once— but all Sceptile had to do was shoot him a steely, contemptuous glare from across the clearing and it never happened again.
- Sceptile is hardly ever apart from Snivy, but on the off chance that she's not with him, she is usually within his line of sight. He'll be gazing at her out of the corner of his eye with a lovestruck grin.. but that smile is quick to falter if he notices Snivy's being hit on.
- He doesn't like to get involved straightaway because he's aware Snivy's more than capable of handling things on her own, but he'll be quick to come close and hoist her up onto his shoulder if he notices the assailant is being.. persistent. Maybe he'll even spare her a quick peck on the cheek to really hammer it in.
- Sometimes he will insert himself into an interaction, though, if only to size up the assailant in case things take a.. less civil, turn. But Sceptile is usually intimidating enough on his own to discourage conflict before it starts.
- But, then, if the assailant attempts physical contact with Snivy? All bets are off. It especially doesn't help that her small size makes her just a little more vulnerable anyway. He'll have some choice words to use with the assailant and is quick to remove any unwanted limbs caressing Snivy's body.
- He reacts even more hostilely if the assailant already knows he and Snivy are together. "Yeah, my girl's clearly spoken for, thanks," He'll hiss, through gritted teeth. "So I don't want you talking to her like that. If I catch you even looking at her wrong, we're going to have a problem— and you don't want to have a problem with me."
- Snivy's not averse to Sceptile stepping in if a Pokémon refuses to back off. Actually, she quite likes playing into his protective act— he'll plop her onto his shoulder and scowl at the assailant, and all the while she'll act as the swooning, helpless damsel in distress. Batting her eyes, and all that. It'll cost her some dignity, sure, but it's worth the stab of satisfaction she gets after watching the flirter scramble awkwardly away. "You're my hero," She'll chuckle, though only half-joking, and her lips'll come to brush against Sceptile's before he can so much as utter a word in reply.
- Admittedly, Sceptile adores feeling like the hero who's helped his damsel out of an uncomfortable situation. "C-.. could you.. call me your hero again, Snivy? Please?"
- Snivy's also quick to assure him that no other Pokémon could ever make her feel the way Sceptile does. That she could never love another the way she loves him. This is usually accompanied by lots of affection— she's generous about providing Sceptile lots of caresses and kisses after the fact, though these are usually carried out in private. They mean the world to Sceptile either way— he's a sucker for her softer side.
- Sceptile becomes much more of a showoff in the days following an altercation. He wants the world to know that Snivy's got the best partner ever, and that none can compare to the joy he brings her. Snivy enjoys the way he'll put more than 100% of his effort into his battle moves when he knows she's watching. If he's feeling especially confident? He'll give it 120%. She likes that he'll put on airs just for her sake.
- Snivy is a little more ruthless when it comes to her jealousy. When she gets jealous, she makes it a point to cling to Sceptile. He won't even have to put her on his shoulder— she'll help herself, and she will quite literally scale his body to press a kiss to his jaw to discourage any wayward flirting.
- It also takes less to set her off. Snivy considers it an act of disrespect simply for another Pokémon to make ga-ga eyes at Sceptile— especially if they're aware she and Sceptile are already together.
- Where Snivy'll get giddy when Sceptile jumps to her defense, Sceptile simply melts. He can barely even think when she gets all affectionate with him just to ward off an assailant— but, then again, he just loves to be loved by her in general.
- He's already very affectionate with her behind closed doors, but that affection'll increase tenfold when she gets defensive over him, and he's always down to reassure her that she's the only Pokémon for him.