| Chapter 5: Inner Demons |

Alex cracked his eyes open, seeing red rain being poured on him. It filled the air in a scent of iron. Like... blood? "Is this blood rain?" Alex thought as he held his hand out to let the rain pour into his hand.

A small puddle of dark red formed onto his palm, Alex looking down at it and sniffing it. It certainly didn't smell like rain, it did smell like iron. Blood. This was blood. But where was it coming from? He looked around, seeing skyscrapers towering over him. He seemed to be in a city. But it wasn't the abandoned one that's close to his bunker, where N and V live. The skyscrapers pierced the dark clouds, blending in with the crimson sky above him. He doesn't see a creature bleeding out in the sky, so where was this coming from?

He suddenly heard screams of terror and pain, making him jump out of his skin. He looked around. Where were those screams coming from? Where was the snow? Where was the dark blue sky full of stars? And the celestial bodies glowing brightly upon the land of Copper9? As a matter of fact, he probably isn't even on Copper9! Where is he? He got out of his bed, which was just randomly placed out in the open, and looked around. He was now wearing his protection suit, not his pajamas. Not even his gas mask either. Just his protection suit. He heard other screams. He tried to find the source of the noise, running through the buildings while jumping over some wreckage.

He looked up at the sky, and saw... the Moon. It was Earth's moon, but it was blood red. Either it was because of the atmosphere, or it was in the middle of a lunar eclipse. "The Moon? Wait... I'm back... home?" He gazed around the space, confused as hell. Why is he back on Earth? How did he get back on Earth? When did he get to Earth? His thoughts were interrupted when he heard other screams, this time, these were louder. He ran towards the cries, and saw... robots with wings shooting people. One of them looked awfully familiar... "Is that V?" He thought as he hid behind a decommissioned car. He peeked his head over the hood of the car.

He was proven right. He did see V, and another Disassembly Drone that had the same build as her. But with pigtails being held up by black ribbons, and a black short-sleeved dress with pockets on the side. She has a black leather belt around her waist, seeming more authoritarian. She and V both have a neon yellow 'X' on their visors. They seemed to be eating... humans?! But N said they used to eat Worker Drones, not humans! He covered his mouth with his eyes widening. He was petrified.

He stared at the scene, then saw something shooting at those two drones. He looked up and saw a helicopter. It was shooting at the drones, trying to stop them. The pigtailed one blocked the bullets by using her metal wing. The helicopter kept shooting at them, until a tentacle shot through it and took it away. He saw other Disassembly Drones in the distance flying towards the direction of where the tentacle took the helicopter.

What was going on? What happened? Why did the Disassembly Drones decide to eat humans all of a sudden? Is N okay with this? Speaking of which

What was going on? What happened? Why did the Disassembly Drones decide to eat humans all of a sudden? Is N okay with this? Speaking of which... "Where is N?" Alex waited until V and the pigtailed Disassembly Drone flew off. Once they were out of sight, he started calling for N. "N! N!! Where are you?! It's me, Alexander!" He shouted, looking around the space. He couldn't find his friend. He tried calling for Uzi instead, "Uzi!! Uzi! Where are you guys?!" No answer. Or any sign of N or Uzi. He was too scared to get V. V doesn't really like him, so he doesn't wanna risk getting eaten by her.