Tornado in the ocean

Veronica's pov.

Miles felt nervous and looked at Chloe with unwavering hatred, making her flitch.

"Do you realize the position you just put in me?
Now I'm looking like a crazy ex boyfriend!
when in actually fact I genuinely believed that Veronica had the diamonds.
I'm sorry everyone, we are in the worst place for criminals for nothing because of Chloe!"

Said Miles, upset and disappointed.

The Mafia members looked at Miles with distrust.

"Look guys I can explain everything. I  didn't know that the Big boss needed  the diamonds.
They Tropez almost insignificant-"

Said Chloe realizing her mistake. She's been with me long enough to know me. I never took the fall for something I didn't do.

"Are you going to listen to this girl? Why didn't she run if she's  hiding something ? Why would she come with us?"

Said one of the men trying to make sense of it.

"This has gone far enough, I saw Chloe at the safe house coming out with a small pounch.
I didn't think nothing of it but I'm sure it was diamonds, the timing is almost too perfect.
After she left the safe house, the diamonds were found missing.
I've never seen Veronica near the safe house.
If Veronica had stolen the diamonds from Chloe, which she didn't.
She's not magical. Hidden cameras would of caught an intruder.
This is an inside job, Chloe knows where the diamonds are
Capturing Veronica was a waste of time
Drawing unwanted attention of civilians."

Said one of the Mafia tough biker girls. She smiled not believing how she could of missed it.

"Oooh the Capo (Boss) won't forgive this!"

Said  another well built member of the Mafia. Her smile masked her fear.

"We came here for nothing?
Miles I trusted you that is why I didn't suspect Chloe.
But I'll set things straight.
You are no longer second in Command.
We no longer report to you.
Guys let's get out of here while we still can."

Said A tall muscular handsome man who looked like his in charge. However, police sirens wailed loudly and about 7 cars pulled up at the entrance. I couldn't help the fear that settled in my heart.

I'm probably the only one who has no criminal record. In a moment of panic I decided to not stay here with armed criminals and be caught in the cross fire of the shooting.

I opened the door and preparing to hold my hands high in surrender to show that I'm not with these killers.

"Veronica No!!!!!!?!!!!!"

Shouted Miles and Chloe in unison as shots immediately fired.

"Hold your fire! I didn't ask anyone to shoot damnit!"

Said the officer as my ears starting Ringing and something come up my throat and I tasted the metallic taste.
I touched my tummy is complete disbelief.

I saw blood in my hands as I approached the Police. I tried to say I'm not armed but ended up coughing blood.

One female officer ran to me and pat me down for weopons.

"She's clean, someone call an ambulance she's been sho-"

Said the female officer who got cut by Mafia shooting her since she was with in their shot view,  barely missing me.

That's all it took for the police to open fire as I dived down lying on the ground. I crawled under one police car as shots ranged.

Please don't faint! Please don't faint!