Karma is my ex girlfriend

Veronica's pov.

(7 years later) : The interview we've all been waiting for.

Wealth is like a fantasy now.

I lost everything overnight when Chloe won a court case. As bad luck will have it, all investors pulled out and my family was forced to go hide out in separate countries individually.

There are no connections and I don't know anyone here. My siblings thought it's best we split up so we will be harder to find.

Who knew that the Mafia will be this hot on our heels? Just how did father cross a mafia boss and what was he thinking?

To our suprise, Chloe was neck deep in corruption and blood money. As it turned out Miles is the Mafia's right hand.

When Miles got arrested the Mafia gave us 24 hours to drop the charges.
Ofcorse after having a gun pointed to my head I agreed.

Once Miles was out of jail he killed my father. Not just for sleeping with Chloe but for letting Venice ruin his public image.

I was barely able to escape with my siblings. Thanks to Venice's Daddy Dom having endless connections that he used to get us fake passports and money to flee.

The money I was given was not enough and will only last me a year. I really needed a job and fast and a good paying one at that.

I unwrapped my new phone and plugged the wifi and waited for it to work. I researched jobs and came across a successful company that needed a Junior CEO to fill a position.

I immediately applied and received a date and place for the Interview. Black spades has taken the world by storm with their fashion.

Too bad I can no longer afford branded clothes but I still got a sharp eye for good things. Maybe it's the girl on the billboards that reminded me of Layla.

Layla who got ditched by Amelia in Paris and vanished into thin air. I really tried to find her and went there myself. I was informed that an older lady left the country with her.

Which country? I tried digging but nothing came up. The lady kept to herself and was apparently there for Layla. She left a two days after she met Layla.

I've given up my search as soon as I lost everything. I needed to focus on myself and survival. Once the smoke blows over I'll reach out to my siblings.

We figured that communication would allow the Mafia boss to track us easily. Ending up as every person for themself , going to different countries so we are not tempted to gather and get caught.

All these thoughts swam in my head as I started getting ready for the interview. I researched the company and the name of the director didn't come up. My only lead was the face of the company. The model who looked like my ex girlfriend Layla.

Her name wasn't mentioned. Just fashion shows and celebrity clients wearing their stuff.

I needed to look presentable so I wore a black corset crop top, showing the only thing that went right in my life.

Gym is definitely been a good escape. I wore black leather pants, six inch black ankle boots with a maroon coat that come up to my ankles.

I called and uber as I let go our my waist length whitish pink hair. Since I'm laying low, I dyed my hair to disguise myself.

I put light make up and heard the Uber driver hooting outside. Damn I missed my cars.

I rushed out the door with my side bag and climbed in. The male driver was young and not bad looking. He instantly smiled when he saw me.