Chapter 9

When she finally got back with the others, she looked around to see they had all caught the required amount and brought it all to the meeting spot. She clamped her jaw tighter around the squirrel and hung her head, not looking up from the ground. She shifted on her paws awkwardly, waiting for her mentor to start heading back. Soft paw-steps approached her and she looked up to see Nightfur, looking at her with a soft smile.

"It's okay that you didn't catch as much, you did well for your first day." She mewed

She stared at her for a moment before brightening a bit and meowing a thanks to her mentor. Nightfur gently nudged the other two, telling them to bury the rest of their catch and then heading back towards camp. She set her kill on the ground for a moment to stretch her legs and loosen her neck before picking it back up and trotting after them.

When they got back to camp, they set whatever they caught in the fresh-kill pile and then headed back out to get the rest. Having to go back and forth to gather the prey is tiring She thought to herself as she continued to keep pace with Ashpaw. She yawned and a tingle went through her spine, causing her to shiver. She looked up at the sky, wondering how long until she could sleep. Silverpelt was already high in the sky, but moonhigh was still a long way away.

Word count:250

A/N: A really short one this time but its 1 am and im super busy, pl forgive me! but I felt I needed to atleast give a small update. Also, thank you guys SO, SO, SO, SO, SO MUCH FOR A HUNDrED READS! I know it's not a lot, but you have no idea how much it means to me, I am absolutely thrilled at the progress I have made. So once again, thank you so so much for reading 'A Warrior Cats Tail'!