Chapter 2

She sat for about an hour, waiting and hoping for the bear to leave. When she was sure it left, she walked back to the clearing. Making sure to keep her body low to the ground so as not to be spotted but her vivid coat made that difficult. Her thoughts then started to become overwhelming. Why does death always happen around me? Is Storm dead and all because of me? She dwelled on that thought for a moment before shaking it away. No, She thought to herself Storm couldn't be dead unless the bear mauled him 9 times over. She tread her way lightly through the clearing, making sure not to make excessive noise. Eventually, Rain Cloud made it back to the clearing. When she looked around though, all she could see was blood. It had been smeared on the trees over the grass and on top of rocks, as if he had been thrown around. Instantly, she panicked and looked around for Storm. When she first saw him, she thought he was dead. His pelt was smeared with blood, and his limbs seemed to lay in unnatural directions. She called out his name as she ran to him, though he didn't move. She shook his broken body lightly as she sobbed out his name. He twitched his claws slightly and she sat back so he could get up. When he didn't move, Rain walked around him till she was in front of his face. She nudged him gently, encouraging him to get up. Shakily, he raised to his paws and stood in front of the crying kit.

"Are you ok?" Asked the black cat

"I'm fine..." She spoke softly "But you're not"

He laughed lightly "It'll take more than a little bear to kill me" He joked while cleaning the blood out of his coat.

She laughed a little too, although not quite understanding the joke as he had almost died just an hour ago. Just then they hear paw pads tapping through the leaves and heading their way. She hissed and all her fur stood straight up, while Storm glared towards the tree.

"Wind Clan" Hissed Storm

A gray and white cat suddenly leaped out of the bushes, just like Storm had done previously.

"Correct" Purred the cat "My name is Ghostfur"

Storm hissed quietly at the gray tabby.

"Is Wind Clan an enemy?" Asked Rain Cloud

"Yes" Spat Storm before turning to the She-cat. "You're the clans medicine cat, right?"

"I am," Said Ghostfur "and how did you know that?"

"You smell of herbs and medical oils."

"Why do the clans fight?" Thought Rain "If they are from the same clan they are friends but if not they fight?"

Storm tried to roll to his paws but fell back with a grunt.

"Do you need help?" Ghostfur asked with a hint of sweetness in her voice.

"I will never need help from another clan, let alone Wind Clan" He said with poison laced in his words.

"But-" Protested Rain

Ghostfur snapped his eyes towards her as Storm interrupted her with a low growl.

"Let the kitten talk" said the gray tabby as she put her paw on the older cat's throat, pushing his head into the ground.

Rain crouched low to the ground and let out a nervous hiss. "Well- uh" she stuttered "Wont it take you a while to get back?" Asked Rain nervously.

Storm paused for a moment and glaring at Ghostfur, let out a growl of annoyance, and managed to hiss out the words "Fine"

"Perfect" Purred Ghostfur

"But-" Interrupted Storm "If you try anything i will not hesitate to rip out your throat"

Ghostfur laughed and said "Because of course you'd be able to do anything in that state"

"Don't test m-" This time Storm was interrupted.

"Hush now," Growled Ghostfur "I just want to help you"

Storm went quiet but you could tell he was annoyed with the latter.

"Well, at least you weren't killed by that bear" She spoke in a sad soft manner.

"I have five lives now, but that doesnt matter" Announced Storm as Ghostfur grabbed his scruff and helped to pull him to his paws like he was a kit. "You can still always stay with me if you wan-"

"I'm coming with you." Declared the young rainbow pelted cat.

Storm chuckled and tried to take a couple of steps forward but stumbled. Ghostfur was ready though, putting himself between the older cat and the ground, pushing him back to his paws.

"Thanks" He murmured before quickly pulling himself away from the gray tabby.

They managed to walk through the clearing and back into the forest, only tripping a couple more times throughout their trip. It took about 30 minutes to make it to the outskirts of Shadow Clans territory. Ghostfur left them there, knowing that she should never leave her scent in another clan's turf. They both thanked the she-cat and Rain helped him for the remaining 90 some paw steps that it took to reach the Shadow Clan camp.

A/N: Sorry for such a late update, but I was quite busy this week. I'm starting the next chapter now, and continuing through the weekend to make up for lost time.

Word count: 844

This chapter has been edited as of 5, 5, 2024