Chapter 25

Making it to Lady Danburys i walked to her tea room and the Sharmas and Bridgertons where there will just Lady Bridgerton and Anthony glancing at everyone i avoid his eyes sitting as far because all the other sits were taking it's like they purposely did that i sat next to Anthony who glances over at me before one of the maids handed me tea "thank you" i said to her as i placed it down Anthony put two sugars in it looking at me i had to pull my eyes away from him and look at Lady Danbury who was speaking "After everything that happened with his scullery maid last season, and Lord Cho cuts me?" she said sitting next to Lady Bridgerton "We know what we are to deal with, at least" Lady Bridgerton said glancing over at us with a smile on her face "We shall not remove ourselves from this fight all will be lost if we run now" Mary stated and Edwina glanced over at us "I should like to remove myself from this room" she said getting up. 

"Every day that goes by without our altering the ton-shared sentiment will harden it" Lady Danbury said looking at us as i siped my tea "Perhaps we need another story as to why things ended" Mary suggested "we have already started to tell one we cannot change course now" Lady Danbury replied "well If we cannot speak about the reasons might we at least act as though they are of no consequence to us?" Violet said "A ball?" i questioned "Yes together we prove to the ton that our story is true It was indeed a mutual decision between all interested parties and there is no scandal or ill will between our families at all" Voilet said smiling at me and i shook my head "i don't think that's a good idea it could be chaos nobody could show up and that would make it worse"

"But who would deny you?" Lady Danbury said and i leaned back in my seat "I've seen how people treated you today and how they treated us even if you are involved in this scandal people will always see you as a higher-up person in society and you would happly attend something you are attending" 

"I am not attending this ball"

"A ball would give Edwina another chance to find a suitor" Mary said trying to push this conversation in a different way for the good at least "another ball? So that the ton might inspect this wreckage with an even closer eye?" Anthony said looking at them "I agree with Anthony" i repiled "A ball may very well work. After all the viscount and Lady Blackwood have been so good at hiding their true feelings from everyone in public this far. It should not trouble them to do the same a little longer" Edwina said i was about to say something back but as soon as i opened my mouth i heard a small sound coming from Anthony that was lower than a whisper and i closed my mouth. He used to always do that when we were young every time he saw i was getting mad before i said something he would make this sound kind of like a have 'shh' sound quickly to stop me from saying something that could get me in more trouble or could hurt someone's feelings.

"Edwina..." Mary warned her as the maid came back with another cup of tea for me reaching for the sugar Anothoy already grabbed it for me placing it in my tea i finally looked up at me and he was already looking at me and i reached for my necklace that was not there again i truly do have to fix it his eyes went down to my hand then back up to my eyes "was I truly that blind? Were they always this obvious?" Edwina said plopping down on the chair and i looked away from him to everyone else "If this plan is to work..." Voilet began "I suggest the two of you stay on opposite sides of the room at all times"

"Lady Danbury!" i called out standing up i don't know why i did that maybe it was an internal thing maybe that idea of not being close to Anthony every time i see him hurts me more than i thought it would "All we need would be for someone to witness something untoward-"

"I beg your pardon, Lady Danbury I do not know what you mean to say" Anthony said standing up as i felt his hand touch mine it blocked the Sharmas from seeing it but not Lady Danbury or Voilet from seeing it a smile fell to there lips before it went away. "What she means to say Anthony that those of us in this room at present are the only ones who know the full truth of the matter." Violet said walking over to us and standing in between him and me.