Chapter 18

As i took the carriage to the modiste i couldn't help but notice the stairs from the women and males walking into the modist "good afternoon all" i called out as Edwina stood on the podium looking at her soon-to-be wedding dress "I do wonder about the trim. Is it too much?" Edwina asked her mother and she laughed "Nothing is too much now that the queen is hosting" she replied.

"Let me show you the French tulle" Madame Delacroix stated before walking away "Oh yes did I tell you we will be married by the archbishop himself?" she said smiling at me through the mirror "Several times" i replied sitting next to Kate "we must find you a dress and Kate a dress too"

"I have plenty of dresses"

"This one must be special after all, this wedding is as much your triumph as mine whatever you said to the viscount at Aubrey Hall Izzie it clearly swayed him to declare himself"

"I...I cannot claim credit"

"I shall bestow it, all the same it will be so exciting living in London the viscount said there might even be snow this winter won't that be exciting?"

"You must enjoy it without me, Edwina recall I am to set sail soon after the ton is over"

"But you will return to visit, of course and when the viscount and I are blessed with children, i would like them to see you as their aunt and think of us all together as a family"

"how many children do you think the viscount would want Didi i would be happy with any of course"

"Four" i said and they looked over at me "Why do you say that?" Kate asked looking at me with suspicion in her eyes "Random guess i just guessed a random number" i said shrugging and they nodded in unison...Four...he would like four kids he told me one day as he laid his head in my lap as we looked at the clouds and watched them take different shapes calling out what we thought it looked like.

"i think i should like four children Esmeralda" he said and i looked from the sky to him "Why four?" i asked looking down at him as he smiled up at me "Because four is your favorite number of course"

"And what if my favorite number was twenty"

"Then we would have twenty"

"We?"

"Yes we i would never have or want any children with anyone else"

"Even if we fight or get angry at each other"

"Even if we stopped talking for a million years i would only want children with you after we wed of course" he said and i leaned down looking from his eyes to his lips that held a smirk. Leaning back up i felt him grab the back of my head pulling me down towards him as our lips touched it felt like i was floating on a cloud that day, we were the only two people in the world right then and there and i loved every moment of it and i love him.

🐝🐝🐝

After we finished i headed to Lady Danbury's she told me to meet her here after i was done "Hello Clara" i said as i walked through the doors "Oh Lady Blackwood it seems like forever since i last saw you, how is Blackwood Manor?"

"It is coming along nicely if you like when you are free you could come by as a guest of course" i said smiling at her "Oh that would be lovely thank you"

"You're quite welcome... has Lady Danbury returned yet"

"She has not I'm afraid"

"Oh well i will be waiting for her in the tea room when she comes back due tell her I'm in there" i said as i walked off towards the tea room.

I walked through the door took off my gloves and placed them on the table "Lady Blackwood" i heard a voice say looking up i was in shock why was he here? "Lord Bridgerton?"