5. The Invitation

Start from the beginning

Virat: Kiski baat ho Rahi hai?

Rahul: Aapki.

Virat's face fell.

Rohit: Haan Vi. We both are really very sorry. Nayi nayi shadi Hui hai tumhari aur maine tumhe aise honeymoon se bulwa liya.

Virat mentally scolded himself for again overthinking.

Virat: Tumne apni family ko bulaya tha and main apni family ke paas hi aaya hoon okay.

Rahul: Aap dono aise family jaise rehte ho kitne pyaare lagte ho aise..

RohiRat: Aap dono nahi hum sab..

Rohit: We are a family Rah.

Rahul's face fell. Tears fell from his eyes before he could even stop them. Rohit could not control himself and instantly took him in a hug. Rahul silently allowed his tears to fall but he was trying a lot to control them. He broke the hug in few seconds only. Rohit got that Rahul is still not that much comfortable with him but he could not control himself as he is his Chhotu.. his baby brother whom he has missed a lot. May be Rahul didn't remember but he has all the memories in his mind and heart. How can he stop himself? How?

Virat rubbed Rahul's back to which Rahul hugged him tightly hiding himself again from the world. Virat knew Rahul though was talking and behaving very much better with all but he will need time to behave more naturally with RohIka. And till that time, it's may be him only with whom he is this much comfortable. He felt A sense of security from Rahul's side and he started thinking to revoke his decision but then suddenly his gaze fell on Rohit who was looking at Rahul with longing expression. And why not he was his real brother. Rohit was feeling bad that he was not very much close to his own brother. Tears fell from his eyes which he quickly wiped but his sadness.. his tears.. but they were not unnoticed by Virat.

Virat felt bad for Rohit. He was getting what Rohit would be feeling right now. He composed himself and decided to start working on his decision.

Virat broke the hug when he found Rahul was just slightly sniffing. He caressed his hair.

Virat: We all are with you Rah okay.

Rahul looked at Rohit who nodded in assurance and Rahul too nodded in yes to them.

Virat: Chalo ab rest karo. Doctor ne mana Kiya hai na zyada der baithe rehne se. Abhi your body needs rest.

Rahul lied down on the bed and has unknowingly hold each RohiRat's hands. Rohit smiled at him and started caressing his hair lovingly whereas Virat was rubbing his other hand on Rahul's hold. Soon Rahul fell asleep.

Virat went from there leaving Rohit with Rahul and came to hall. He took some deep breaths to compose himself and started working on his decision.

The lunch was a normal affair but Rahul was getting comfortable with Ritika more and that was a plus sign for all of them specially when Rahul has missed so much in his life. Specially the love of his own family.

They all were sitting in Rahul's room after lunch and were talking on random topics when Anu received a video call from Sakshi. All got really excited. She was about to pick the call but Rahul stopped her. All looked at him.

Rahul: Umm.. unko kya bolenge ki main yaha kyu hoon? Vi Bhai ki family ka I understand lekin Mahi Bhai..

Rohit: Unko sab pata hai. Maine aur Vi ne bataya hai sab. Are you uncomfortable around him?

Rahul: Nahi.. woh mujhe laga nahi pata unko.

Virat: Don't worry Rahuliya..

Rahul (glaring): Don't call me that.

All chuckled and Anu picked up the video call.

Anu: Hey bhabhi. Hey Bhai. Hey Zivu. Kaisi hai bachcha?

Ziva: I am absolutely fine Chachi. Mere chachus kidhar hai?

RohiRat waved at her.

Ziva: Hey Chachus. I miss you both so much.

RohiRat: We miss you too bachcha.

Sakshi: Achchha Zivu baby aap room me jao aur homework finish kar lo. Phir hum khelenge okay.

Ziva nodded in yes and went from there.

Mahi: How is Rah?

Anu shifted the focus on Rahul. Rahul was just looking down.

Mahi: Rah.. bachcha how are you?

Rahul nodded in yes. Mahi sighed. He looked at his brothers who were just giving him fake smiles and the his sisters were unaware of the extent of what their partners were going through.

Sakshi: Vi.. where is your phone? Kab se laga rahi hoon.

Virat looked here and there and then remembered his phone was on charging in his room.

Virat: Sorry woh charging pe rakha tha to room me tha aur hum sab yaha. Koi urgent kam tha kya bhabhi?

Sakshi: Of course. Shadi ke baad ki rasme Jo hume karni hai woh baki hai. Vikas ke father in law ki sudden death ki wajah se sari rasme maine aur Mahi ne ki thi. So ab jo baki hai unko pura karna hai. So tum sab ko ana hai yaha.

Rohit: Bhabhi.. main, Ritz aur Rah to nahi aa payenge. Ritz ko mana Kiya hai travelling se and Rah as of now nahi travel kar payega.

Sakshi: Are..

Rohit: Lekin Vi aur Anu ko bhej denge aap chinta mat kijiye. Shadi ke baad ki rasme complete jaldi kar leni chahiye.

Anu: Lekin Rah is not well.

Ritz: Anu.. shadi ki rasme hai usko delay nahi karte

Rahul: Aap please meri wajah se delay mat karo na bhabhi. Bas jaldi aa jana. I'll miss you both a lot.

Virushka smiled at him but RohIka felt the pain but they knew they are still not that much connected with Rahul which Virushka is already. This all did not go unnoticed by MahiAkshi but they didn't say anything as it was personal matter of Sharmas.

Virat: Hum aa jayenge kal subah ki flight se. In fact main abhi tickets arrange karta hoon taki kal rasme ho jaye.

All agreed and disconnected the call. Virat booked the tickets and Anu and he got busy in packing. RohIka were with Rahul who was though quite sad but was still okay as he did not want post marriage rituals to get affected because of his own low level of comfort.

The rest of the day passed like a normal one but only escape for everyone from their own strange, painful or sad thoughts were Ritz's cute antics making everyone believes that baby is really gonna be naughty as well as cute at the same time and is gonna put everyone tied around his/her tiny little finger.

On the next day, Virushka went to Ranchi leaving the Sharma at SK Mansion. They reached Mahi's farmhouse directly as now a days he was staying there with Ziva and Sakshi. They rang the bell and Sakshi opened the door.

Sakshi: Hey Mr and Mrs Kohli. Welcome home sweet hearts.

Sakshi hugged Anu and she hugged back.

Anu: Bhabhi.. maine Ziva ka gift kiya his bracelet pehna hai. I want to give her a surprise. Kidhar hai woh?

Sakshi: Are hall me hi hai lekin pichhe ki side hai Mahi ke sath. Go surprise them.

Anu: Main abhi milke aati hoon

She went from there excitedly. Sakshi looked at Virat and smiled. She cupped his face.

Sakshi: Welcome Cheeku.

Virat hugged her tightly.

Virat: Thank you bhabhi. Thank you so much for The Invitation
......................................................................

So Virat has taken the first step of his decision.

Will Virat realise his mistake?

Will RoHul be able to mend their relationship in absence of Virat?

Will anyone understand Virat's battle with his inner demons?

Kindly share your feedback.

Thanks