Chapter Twenty-Seven

Jin handed the papers to Lee

“You know they didn’t want to punish you because this is ridiculous,” Lee said, receiving them in his hand and skimming through the sheets of paper. “You should have reported the incident immediately, but still you showed up for Jungkook out of obligation when you didn’t have to and that accounts for something.”

Obligation? Not exactly, Jin thought to himself. He nodded to Lee. He’d expected a more daring punishment than writing ‘I will always do the right thing’ three hundred times on paper.

“You’re sure it’s complete?” Lee asked raising a brow.

“26 lines. 6 sheets, front and back.”

“How long did it take you to write this?”

“Around forty-five minutes.”

“You’re lucky I wasn’t assigned to punish you. I’d have asked you to wash all the cars in the estate three times or crawl around the estate,” he said, teasingly. But Jin took his admission as half-truth. Lee was not a bad person but he had the heart to do it. He was kind but very strict, which made him the best person for Head of Security. Any other person would take advantage of the role.

“I will put that in mind.”

“You better,” Lee said, winking before waving him off. “Now, get out.”

Jin slipped out of Lee’s office, stepping into the hallway at the main house. He looked to his left where the stairs was that led to Jungkook’s room. A small smile formed on his lips as he recounted their not-so-little makeout session in the music room earlier.

He remembered how alive he felt in that moment. How kissing Jungkook had suddenly become his favorite thing to do. His lips were soft and pouty. His tongue was thick and delicious. Fireworks went off in Jin’s head when he pulled at the hair at the back of Jin’s head, suppressing the moans fighting to escape his mouth.

God. That was the hottest sound he had ever heard. Jungkook’s moans didn’t just ignite fireworks in Jin’s body, they made him hard as hell. But even though he wanted Jungkook more intimately than he was getting, it was not something he was desperate for.

He was more than satisfied with their sneak-off make out sessions. It was better than not having Jungkook, at all. He wasn't going to initiate anything until Jungkook was ready.

He checked the time on his wristwatch. It was past nine, meaning it was time to check up on the young master and make sure he was in bed. Jin fought back a smile, biting down on his lip, as he made his way up the stairs.

He passed a few maids on the way. As usual, he ignored them and bounded the step one at a time, the distance too short for his long legs.

It took around twenty seconds before Jungkook opened the door. “One day, you’re gonna get what you’re looking for,” Jungkook said, a playful smile forming on his lips.

Jin’s gaze narrowed. He bit his lower lip. “Ooh, I pray I get what I’m looking for,” he said, taking in Jungkook’s outfit. An oversized singlet hung loosely under his arm and around his neck, leaving little concealed, and a large pajamas bottom.

“I don’t mean that.” Jungkook rolled his eyes, his cheeks going red. “I mean, you’re going to come up here for your routine check and you won’t find me.”

“I might not see you here in your room, but I will find you, young master,” Jin said. It sounded as a joke to Jungkook but he meant every word.

Jungkook said nothing. His cheeks flamed and his gaze lingered on Jin. Jin was momentarily pulled in by the look in Jungkook’s eyes. He started to feel himself getting lost in the desire flooding Jungkook’s look, his hands itching to run his fingers over his lips. Even if he couldn’t kiss him in that moment, he wanted to feel them, touch them.

But he’d promised Jungkook they would be careful. He had promised his parents would not find out and he intended to keep that promise. And for that to happen, they both had to keep their hands away from each other.

When Jungkook started to reach his hand out to touch him, Jin gave a subtle shake of his head. He took one step back, inhaling shakily. “Tomorrow,” he promised.

Jungkook nodded, despite the look of despair on his face. “Okay.”

“Are you ready to go to bed?” Jin asked.

“I’m working on my homework. But I should be done soon.”

“Alright.” Jin smiled at him. “Don’t stay up too late.”

“I won’t.”

“Good night, young master.”

“Good night, Jin,” he said, hesitantly inching back into his room and shutting the door, his eyes not leaving Jin the entire time.

As he headed down, Jin couldn’t wipe his smile away. He knew he shouldn’t make his feelings obvious but it was hard to hide them when they were on the verge of bursting out of him. He felt he might implode of happiness if he tried to push them down any more.

Outside the house, his phone vibrated in his pocket. He flipped it out and checked what it was.

Royal Bratness: Good night, Jin

A big smile broke on Jin’s lips. It was a clear, concise and straight to the point message but he found himself reading it all over again.

You already told me good night.

Royal Bratness: I wanted to say it again.

Jin shut his eyes. Jungkook was making it so hard for him to keep his emotions on a leash. Jin was falling hard and fast for him. It was just as scary as it was amazing.

Okay then.

Good night, young master ♡

Prince Jungkook: :)

Prince Jungkook: Good night, young master’s person

----

Namjoon glared at Jin as he settled on the bar stool. “Do you have any idea what time it is?” He asked.

Jin winced. “Sorry, but I just really needed to talk to you.”

“At the club by past nine? What was our deal, Jin?” Namjoon asked, raising his voice above the loud music playing. He looked angry. It was the first time he looked so angry at Jin. But then again, Jin had never showed up at the club by 9.

“It’s really important,” Jin said.

“Did someone die?”

“What? No.”

“Are you in trouble?”

“No.”

“Then whatever you have to say you can save it for later,” Namjoon said, sternly. “Go home.” He pointed towards the door.

Jin buried his head in his hands, frustrated at Namjoon’s stubbornness and strictness. He would have called Jimin or Taehyung to talk about this but he knew them. They would say things that would annoy him. They had the tendency to be understanding and supportive, and Jin could trust them to keep their mouths shut.

But they also didn't like Jungkook because of him, and he didn’t want to take a chance on that. This meant a lot to him. Jungkook meant a lot to him and he wasn’t going to gamble on what they had just because he needed to talk to someone about his suffocating feelings.

When he looked back up, Namjoon was still glaring at him, waiting for him to stand up and leave. So, he stood up but he didn’t leave. Instead, he leaned against the counter, so when he spoke Namjoon would hear him clearly. “I have feelings for Jungkook.”