Chapter Thirty-Two

Jungkook's eyes were red and puffy

Jungkook's eyes were red and puffy. Even from where Jin stood at the end of the hallway, he needed no soothsayer to tell him that he'd been crying. His heart hammered in his chest and a magnetic force pulled him towards Jungkook to inquire what had happened but when he started to move, Jungkook tore his eyes away from him and turned to Yoongi.

His legs remained rooted there, Jimin and Taehyung's voice fading around him. He knew if anyone saw his face and how hard he was staring at the back of Jungkook's head, they would be able to tell in an instant that something was up, but he didn't care.

Something had happened. Why had he cried? He tried to think of what could have happened, but nothing came to mind. Jungkook had been alright these past few weeks, he'd been exceptionally happy since they admitted their feelings for each other. He couldn't imagine what could have happened to make him cry.

Jin pulled out his phone and opened his messaging app. What's wrong? He sent. He looked back up to find Jungkook read his message and type. His response came seconds later.

Prince Jungkook: With what?

Jin's brows pinched. With you. Why were you crying?

Prince Jungkook: What do you mean?

Why won't you look at me? Jin replied. He watched Jungkook for a moment then Jungkook turned to him, tilting his head to the side as if to ask 'are you happy now?' before turning away again.

Did something happen? Jin sent.

Prince Jungkook: I looked at you, right?

Something had definitely happened. Standing there and just watching wasn't enough for him. Jin threw all caution to the wind and started to walk towards Jungkook. He had to know what happened, who had hurt him and how he could fix it.

"Hanuel's slut," a student coughed, walking past Jungkook, walking towards Jin's direction.

Jin's antenna shot up. His fists clenched. His stomach buzzed. His entire body filled with rage and before the student had taken three steps, he swung his fist into the boy's face, feeling a crack under his fist.

The boy tumbled to the floor with a loud shout just as gasps erupted all around the hallway. Jin jumped on top of him, bunching his shirt up in one hand and punched him in the face with the other hand. He felt a wave of hotness fill his insides with adrenaline, his heart raced uncontrollably and his brain registered on thing;

Don't stop.

With every swing of his hand, Jin felt an intense jolt to his chest, urging him to do more. Watching the boy squirm under him and try to block each hit fuelled his actions. The voices around him went silent and all he heard was the sound of his fist hitting someone's face.