Heart Part 7. I Hope(d)

A.N. 
Hope you'll enjoy beautiful peeps !

A R I A N A

I woke up with the sun practically blinding my eyes as they seep through the thin curtains of the room. I feel somewhat kind of happy at how comfortable and warm my bed is but what seems to stand out more is my hunger for food.

I slowly sat up, taking in my surroundings and I was indeed in my room. How did I get here? All I remember was..

And suddenly, fractured memories of what had happened last night came crashing back to me. The horrid taste of alcohol is still lingering in my mouth and the vomiting- oh dear god. Nathan.. I cringe at the mere thought of his name. I don't even remember coming here. I look down and notice that I'm wearing a white button down shirt with long sleeves and black stripes, which I know for certain isn't mine. I lift the duvet off of my body and gasped in panic. All I'm wearing underneath the shirt was my nipple tape and panties. No crop top. No shorts. Holy fuck.

I glance at my nightstand and spot a glass of water and two pills. It seems like everything was taken care of and I know Alexa wouldn't do all these since she was shit-faced herself.. Was Harry responsible for all of these? I move closer to the nightstand and take the pills. I place my feet on the cold floor and began making my way down the stairs, expecting to see three girls in the kitchen. I almost fell flat on my ass when I didn't see either. Standing by the counter was the green-eyed man haunting my dreams himself, sipping his own freshly made coffee. My heart jumps into my mouth and I can seem to no longer find my voice. He looks up at me and I freeze at the spot.

I look anywhere but his eyes and it just decidedly fell upon his arms. Holy shit, has he been working out? He's wearing skinny jeans and did I mention he was shirtless?

I take a deep breath and closed my eyes. Please let this be another dream.. Maybe if I just close my eyes and pray to god, the man standing before me would just disappear or if not, I'd gladly do so.

"Goodmorning Ariana" I hear his familiar deep and raspy voice greet me, if anything it sounds even a lot raspier in the morning and I could feel my shoulders drop in despair. It didn't work. "How are you feeling?"

"Horrible, actually" I mumble before finally looking directly at him. He has a towel hanging by his shoulders and I just notice that his hair is wet. He's staring at me, green eyes dark and I squirm at the fact that I have no idea of what's going on inside that head of his. He can hide his thoughts and feelings so well and I'm here, left clueless.

"I hope you don't mind that I took a shower and helped myself with a little breakfast. I made some for you as well." He raises his right arm to scratch the back of his neck and I gulp, not letting my gaze drift to his biceps flexing right in front of me.

I shook my head and finally found my voice. "What are you doing here? Where's Alexa and why are you.." I trail off, feeling my cheeks redden. I almost forgot that he's shirtless and his tattoos are just..

"After you passed out in my car, I brought you here as quickly as I could. I didn't want to risk leaving you alone completely passed out and unguarded without your friend so I made contact with Miss Luria through a friend that she's apparently with and told her about your condition and got permission to stay rather hastily but I assume she was busy doing something else.." He says and I notice a small smirk on his lips.

Although I'm not sure where Georgia and Jennette are and whether they got home or not, I should give them a call later and ask how they're doing as I now know that Alexa probably got laid last night which explains the MIA situation.

"Did you put me to bed?" I ask him, my voice small and weak.

"Yes." His face was impassive.

"Did I ruin your car by throwing up again or..??" I could feel myself twiddling my fingers.

"No." He replies and I nod.

"Did you.." I pause, hesitating. "Undress me?"

"Yes." At this, he raises his eyebrow at me and I look down, blushing furiously.

"We didn't.." I stop myself from asking such a mortifying question. I stare awkwardly at the floor.

"Ariana, you were practically dead. Necrophilia is not my thing. I prefer when women are sentient and.. receptive." He says and I sigh in relief.

"W-Why are you.." I refuse to look up at him as I point at his bare chest.

"You're wearing my shirt" I immediately look at him in shock, only to see him giving me a teasing smile.

I quickly look away before I melt at the sight. "I-I'm so sorry."

"I must admit it was a rather entertaining evening. One that I surely won't forget in a while." He says, giving me a wry smile.

Great. Now, he's laughing at me. I don't even remember asking him to come and get me but now I feel like somehow it's all my fault.

"You didn't have to do all that, sir". I snap. He stares at me with a surprised look, just as I am with myself. If anything, he looks more taken aback and a little wounded from what I've said.

"If I hadn't come to get you, Miss Grande. You would have probably woken up in someone else's bed of which I can vividly remember you weren't overly enthused about." He says, his voice laced with acid.

He's glaring at me and I couldn't help but let out a giggle.

"Which medieval era did you time travel from? You sound like Romeo." I let out another giggle.

His mood visibly shifts and his entire expression softens as he gives me a warm smile.

"Did you even eat last night?" His tone was accusatory as he asks me. I shake my head, offering him a nervous smile.

I watch him as he crosses his arms and his expression becomes impassive. Damn, his tattoos are distracting me. "You need to eat. No wonder why you were nearly puking your guts out. It's drinking rule number one. You should know this." He runs his hand through his long unruly curls and I felt my insides clench.

"So you're just going to continue scolding me?" I cross my arms.

"Is that what I'm doing?"

"You haven't noticed?" I retort and he slightly squints his eyes at me, warning me.

It was silent for a while but he decides to break it. His expression a little warm. "You're lucky I'm just scolding you."

"What do you mean? You're not my dad" I huff and he looks at me but decides to ignore my tone.

"If you were mine, you couldn't even be able to sit down for a week after that little stunt you pulled last night. You didn't eat, got drunk, and-" He stops himself, closing his eyes as he takes a deep breath.

He opens his eyes, his face filled with dread as he shudders. "I hate to think about what could've happened to you."

I feel flustered. I didn't expect this reaction from him but I quickly covered it up by scowling at him. What's it to him anyway? I'm not his. Though a part of me wants him to be. I'm not, and that's the truth.

"I would have been fine. I was with Lexie, Georgia, and Jennette." Somehow it feels like I'm trying to convince myself more than him.

"Which was why he was there." He snaps at me.

"Don't blame what happened on Jennette. She has no idea and.. and Nathan was just drunk. He wasn't thinking straight." I shrug.

"I could list the number of times I've become drunk off my ass and never resulted into forcing and sexually harassing women. Not even once. Maybe the next time he 'wasn't thinking straight' I could teach him how." I watch as his jaw clenches but I instantly stop myself.

"Well, you're quite a disciplinarian" I roll my eyes.

"Oh, Ariana. You have no idea." He says, his eyes narrowed and dark while he gives me a wicked smile.

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

A.N.
*insert smirking emoji* Hope you guys liked it ! See y'all soon in the next chapter!

All the love xx
Cath. x