Heart Part 2. Staring Contest

A.N.
Don't forget to vote and to comment your thoughts on the comment section below. Enjoy !

A R I A N A

I sat upright, frozen in my spot as my hand hovers on his extended hand. His emerald green eyes stare deeply right into my soul and I slowly take his hand in mine. Upon our brief contact, I feel a shiver go down my spine. I ignore it, assuming that it was only the cold air conditioning.

He pulls me up. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Miss Grande. Are you all right? Would you like to take a seat?"

He was taller than I thought, literally a foot taller than me. He's young and attractive.. very attractive. Photos and magazines surely had done his appearance no justice.

I cleared my throat to try and break the silence. My legs shaking in nervousness while I desperately try to find my voice.

He had long brown curly hair that I'm pretty sure only a few amounts of men could pull off. His outfit was simple yet he makes it look like he just got off from a photoshoot.

I snapped out of my gaze when he cleared his throat and it was then that I notice the awkward tension in the room. I stayed glued in my position, my hand still apparently gripping his.

"Oh, um.. It's nice to meet you too, Mr. Styles." I said in a daze while I hastily withdrew my hand away from his. I curse all the gods for creating someone so god-like with an unforgettable deep and raspy voice.

I turn away from him, my eyes wandering around his office. His office is way too grand for just one man but I notice another dark wooden desk just a few feet away from the long one that matches it. The long modern desk was placed in front of floor-ceiling windows overlooking the city and was probably used to accommodate Jesus and His twelve apostles at the Last Supper. The entire room has a monochromatic tone with everything else being the color or a shade of white and grey. A series of black and white photos in frames are placed on the wall to my left. Altogether, Mr. Styles' office is breathtaking.

"I've always considered photography as one of my striking hobbies," He says when he notices my lingering gaze on the black and white photographs.

Did he take them? Being a highly intelligent and skilled businessman mustn't be his only talent then. I thought to myself before speaking, "They are all lovely. You have a keen eye on extraordinary things."

He tilts his head to the side and I shift from one foot to another, distracted by his gaze. "Perhaps, Miss Grande" He replies, his eyes staring deeply into mine and for some weird unknown reason, I find myself blushing.

"So, is there anything I can do for you, Mr. Styles?" I gave him a small smile, surprised by my new found confidence.

"Yes, I do. I must say that it's pretty unfortunate since it's only your first day and I don't want to trouble you with so much work but it is in fact on your job description to help me and accommodate my needs. Could you please organize all the paper work that needs to be signed for me?" He said pointing to the stacks of paperwork on the desk that honestly couldn't be compared to his, other than the fact that they both have the same color and texture.

"Sure," I said, walking over to the desk.

"Is this my desk, sir?" I ask, pointing to the desk. I bit the inside of my cheeks at the stupid question and almost didn't notice the sudden shift in his eyes by the last word I spoke but decided to ignore it.

"Good question, Miss Grande. Although, I thought you would've figured it out by now." I flush. Is he teasing me? I hope so.

Probably taking note of my discomfort, he accedes. "Yes, would you prefer for it to be moved?" He asked.