i'm a fool for you

Daewon rubbed her eyes sleepily as she stumbled out of her bedroom, her small feet padding softly against the cool wooden floor.

The faint light of dawn filtered through the windows, casting a soft glow over the familiar surroundings of her home.

Daewon's small footsteps echoed softly in the hallway as she made her way downstairs, her heart pounding with a mix of curiosity and apprehension.

She couldn't shake the feeling of unease that lingered in the air, a sense of foreboding that prickled at the edges of her consciousness.

As she reached the bottom of the stairs, Daewon paused, her brow furrowing in confusion as she took in the sight before her.

You and Chaeyoung were curled up together on the couch, your bodies entwined in a tender embrace, the warmth of your shared proximity a stark contrast to the chilly morning air.

Daewon's eyes widened in surprise, her gaze flickering between the two of you as she tried to make sense of the scene before her.

She had never seen you and Chaeyoung like this in a long time, so vulnerable and open with each other, and it both puzzled and intrigued her.

"Y/N eomma? Chaeyoung eomma?" Daewon called out softly, her voice barely a whisper as she approached the couch cautiously.

She reached out to gently shake your shoulder, her touch light and tentative as she tried to rouse you from your slumber.

You stirred awake, blinking sleepily as you became aware of Daewon's presence beside you. Chaeyoung shifted beside you, her eyes fluttering open as she registered Daewon's voice.

"What's wrong, sweetie?" you asked, your voice still thick with sleep as you reached out to brush a stray lock of hair from Daewon's face.

Daewon hesitated for a moment before speaking, her words tumbling out in a rush as she struggled to articulate the jumble of emotions swirling within her.

"I... I woke up and you weren't in your room," she explained, her voice tinged with concern as she glanced between you and Chaeyoung.

You exchanged a glance with Chaeyoung, silently communicating your shared understanding of Daewon's worry.

"We're right here, sweetheart," Chaeyoung reassured her, her voice soft and reassuring as she reached out to pull Daewon into a comforting embrace.

Daewon relaxed slightly at Chaeyoung's touch, her fears momentarily assuaged by the warmth of your presence.

She nestled against you and Chaeyoung, feeling safe and loved in the embrace of her makeshift family.

You could feel the weight of Daewon's concern lifting, replaced by a palpable sense of relief as she basked in the reassurance of your words and gestures.

"I'm sorry for waking you up," Daewon murmured, her voice barely above a whisper.

You smiled softly, brushing a gentle kiss against her forehead. "It's okay, sweetheart. We're just glad you're here with us," you replied, your words infused with warmth and affection.

Chaeyoung nodded in agreement, her arms wrapped protectively around both you and Daewon. "We love you, Dae. Don't ever forget that," she whispered, pressing a tender kiss to Daewon's cheek.

Daewon smiled sleepily, her eyes drifting shut as she nestled closer to you both. "I love you too, eommas," she murmured, her voice filled with contentment as she succumbed to the comforting embrace of sleep.

You and Chaeyoung exchanged a knowing glance, your hearts swelling with love and gratitude for the precious bond you shared with Daewon.

Later that day