Chapter three - Attempting to escape

Start from the beginning

Alex:

Alex shut his eyes for a moment as soon as Nigel nodded. He could't describe how relieved he was right now. Nigel gave him certainty about him staying safe. Alex knew for sure Nigel wouldn't make it if he would try to escape right now. His body trembled because of the drugs and his knees nodded.

'Good,' Alex whispered as he followed him towards the bed. 'That's right, just relax.' As soon as Nigel extended his arm, inviting him to join his bed, he tried to entwine his hand into Nigel's, but he wasn't really able to - yet he tried so. As soon as Alex laid his phenomenon next to Nigel his body, he pursed his lips and tried to crawl as close as possible against him, wishing he could feel him against his body again - but he didn't.

Slowly he wrapped an arm around Nigel and closed his as he relaxed himself as well now. As Nigel asked him the question, he nuzzled his face against Nigel's.

'Because I'm stuck in a place where our minds and body can't reach each other. It's like a file in a computer, placed on the wrong spot. It's there, but not reachable when your in the wrong map. You're in the map, one of the some. And I'm in another. I'm stuck in the dementia between earth and hereafter. You can't reach me, and I only can reach you whenever I'm really trying to. But it costs time. Each time I'm revealing myself to you, death takes away some of my time. He gave me a change to come back, but I don't know how...'

Nigel:

He frowned, giving up on the answer halfway through. The drugs weren't exactly stimulating for his brain.

"Sounds complicated," he muttered, already pleased to know Alex was there even though he couldn't touch him.

"But when I was gone, I could still feel you."

Well luckily he did remember it. If he really stamped everything that happened off as things that in fact never happened at all he wouldn't remember a detail like that.

"I could feel our minds linked."

He frowned, trying to find an explanation for that. But alas he was still drugged and thinking was exhausting, so he gave up.

"Alex? .. I think I ..- I'm..-" he uttered a few more words, struggling to tell Alex one last thing but in the end he lost the struggle and was unable to finish his sentence. He fell asleep and slipped off into dark, quiet dreams.

Alex:

Alex couldn't keep himself from chuckling softly as soon as he heard Nigel his answer. It was quite a brain cracker, he had to admit that, so he truly understood Nigel his way of responding.

'It is,' he just muttered softly against Nigel his cheek. He closed his eyes again and pressed a kiss upon his skin, softly and tender without even knowing if Nigel could feel it.

'I don't know what's happening,' he whispered softly. 'It's like I'm fading away. It takes so much to connect to you. Perhaps it's that...' His fingers thumbed through his hair again but he saw how it didn't give any result. His hair only moved a bit by air, but now how it would move like when you would actually touch it. That confirmed Alex he was losing his power again - or Nigel was slowly thinking less about him because he was about to fall asleep any moment. He knew that Nigel had to spend so much energy whenever he saw him. It was energy of them that had to connect to each other, otherwise it wouldn't work and Nigel wouldn't be able to hear or see him. That was also something why he had to take some rest, otherwise Alex couldn't help him tonight with running.