Fire and ICE - 3

R O B E R T O

She was a flame in my darkness, a beacon of chaos in my meticulously ordered world. Our last encounter had been a dangerous waltz, a dance that flirted with the fine line between passion and peril. She had challenged the very foundations of my existence, her laughter a siren that made me craving for more. I was drowned by her and she was mine.... she Just needs to know now

The sun was just peeking over the horizon, casting a soft glow over the city that never sleeps. I was perched on the edge of my usual spot at the rooftop bar, nursing a cup of coffee instead of the usual scotch. It was too early for the hard stuff, even for me, Roberto Albera. The city below was stirring to life, the early morning hustle just beginning. I couldn't help but think about last night, about her—Avila Fortress. She was like a shot of espresso in my otherwise predictable life, strong, bold, and a little bitter. Fuck I thought to myself as I made my mind to stop thinking about her But I couldn't.........I chuckled to myself, thinking about how we'd danced around each other, both literally and figuratively. She was a Fortress, alright, but not the kind you storm—she was the kind you lay siege to, slowly, patiently.

My phone buzzed, and I glanced at the screen. Speak of the devil, it was a text from Avila.

"Morning, Coffee at your fancy rooftop place? I'm buying."

I smirked. She had guts, I'd give her that. Meeting up in broad daylight wasn't exactly low profile for two people whose families were more Romeo and Juliet than peanut butter and jelly

"Sure," I texted back. "But I'm picking the table. And it's espresso, not coffee."

I could almost hear her laughter through the phone when she replied, "Espresso it is. See you in ten."

I pocketed my phone and took a last sip of my coffee, savoring the bitter taste. Avila was a wildcard, a reminder that life could be unpredictable and exciting. And as much as I was used to calling the shots, I had to admit, I was looking forward to seeing what kind of game she was playing.

As I waited for her to arrive, I couldn't shake the feeling that this was the beginning of something new, something dangerous. But then again, danger had always been my favorite game.

(At the coffee shop)

"Roberto," she greeted, her voice a melody that seemed to dance with the wind."I hope you haven't been waiting long."

"Just long enough to enjoy the view," I replied, gesturing to the city below us.

She laughed, a sound that seemed to capture the essence of the morning. "And here I thought you'd be brooding over a scotch."

"I save the brooding for moonlit nights," I quipped, signaling the waiter to bring over the espresso she had promised.

We sat in comfortable silence, the city's symphony providing a backdrop to our clandestine meeting. The espresso arrived, and Avila took a sip, her eyes closing in appreciation.

"Strong and bitter," she remarked, opening her eyes to meet mine. "Just how you like your coffee... and your company?"

to be continuedd