"You must like me or something. You can't seem to depart from me." Gerald grumbles.

"I saw you smelling your pits this morning Gerald." Madeline deadpans. "Anyone will depart from that."

"Yet, you're still here." Gerald says. "Your actions aren't matching your hate speech."

"How's the training going?" Madeline asks, ignoring the old man. Ruth also comes into view, smiling brightly at her.

"She's ready." Gerald says, crossing his arms.

"What about the starkys?" Genesis asks. "How are they doing?"

"A bit rusty. Just a few techniques that they need to work on but other than that, the training is coming along nicely." Ruth says.

Genesis swallowed nervously. She had been on edge since she declared war on the krysters and Lycans in the northern border. She had to get them to be strong for battle and the thought of loosing these people that she tried so hard to save brought a chill down her spine.

She had never been in war before. Granted, she had seen Ezra engage in gruesome brawls here and there but it wasn't war. If there was anyone that knew about war more than her, it would be him.

"Excellent." Genesis says, clasping her hands together. "Keep on maintaining the training until we are sure that everyone is on the same level ."

Ruth nodded as Madeline and Gerald went back into the valley, the smiles on their faces and the willingness in their heart on their sleeve.

Genesis watched with an aching heart as her people laughed and fought, some with the help of the Lycans that were helping to train them to beat their own kind.

She couldn't afford to waste any more time in delaying for the preparation of war. As far as Ezra had told her, the Lycans in the northern border were enraged and already on the brink of violence. Primidoral Lycans never really stuck by the rules.

It was why they were secluded from all the other borders. The were cast out and set aside because of their brutality. Ezra had once told her that he never wanted her to see them. See that part of him and the remnants of what he used to be.

But luckily for him, she had already seen the worst of him. The part of him that was so tainted that it revealed the fragments of the beast that committed ruthless actions without reason.

Genesis was tired of being scared. She had her people to save. She was tired of tiptoeing around her mate and what he did whenever he left her to rule in Kamoyisland and Ireland.

She wanted to see it all, do it all.

The starkys lives were at stake. She couldn't save them if she continued to live in the shell of herself. And whether that meant putting her life on the line to save them or coming face to face with the most dangerous of Lycans to ever roam this earth, she had to be selfless.

Fear and terrors be damned.

...............

"I need escorts on the west wing and scouts on the east center. No one gets in without thorough background checks and gather as many casualties for malicious rogues as possible."

"Yes, my Lord." The first half of Lycans bow in submission.

Genesis watched as the Lycans shifted into their purest wolf form, their vicious growls echoed throughout the whole earth.

Genesis always sought to it that she would see Ezra off whenever he had to leave and travel to his many packs and deal with traitors, rogues, ruins and all the other things that his duties required.