❈ 12 , coucher de soleil

yall, just a warning, some of this chapter will be in french. (you'll understand once you read) i dont actually speak french, sooooo don't get on me if google translate does me dirty.

𝐑𝐘𝐃𝐄𝐑

It's been about two weeks since our first basketball game. Things have been better than ever. We've won every single one of our games. For now, our captain is Hazmah. He was nomiated by almost everyone on the team. He's one of the best players, he's been on the team the longest and is the most sensible.

Aside from the basketball team, this leaderboard thing has been the next thing I've been doing to keep myself occupied.

Kaia and I have been neck and neck for the past two weeks. It's amusing waiting for the scores to come out every week and see who's on top.

I've started putting more effort into my academics. I think I'm starting to look forward to seeing my name over hers.

Friendly competition never hurt anyone, right?

"Ryder! Where's my bookbag?" Hazmah yells from somewhere in the distance. I'm sitting at the island in his kitchen, enjoying some food his older sister made me before she left. She's an amazing chef and currently attending a culinary school. "Dont know." I shrug, placing a piece of french toast in my mouth.

"Ryder! You think my outfit looks okay, right?" Micah steps into the kitchen, looking at me for approval.

He's wearing black cargos and a dark green sweatshirt, silver jewlery adds a touch to the look. "You're not even in uniform."

"They'll never notice." He steals a piece of toast off my plate.

"Don't come asking us to sneak you out of afterschool detention." I pop another piece of food in my mouth.

"Where's Ethan?" Hazmah rushes down the stairs with his bookbag hanging on one shoulder. As he's about to bombard me with another question that I don't have the answer to, he spots my plate. "No way my sister made you food and not me." He narrows his eyes at me, snatching a piece of french toast off my plate.

"I'm the favorite." I shrug.

"Clearly." Micah and Hazmah respond in sync.

"I'm going upstairs to find Ethan. He's probably getting ready." I slide off of the island chair and walk upstairs. The hallways are familiar, filled with childhood memories.

I slide into the third guest room where Ethan slept. The door is wide open and there he is. Sprawled out on the bed with his alarm blaring right next to his ear.

"Ethan. Get up. We're already late." I sigh, pushing him around.

"5 minutes..." He groans, turning back over.

"We woke you up an hour ago. We're about to be late, get up." I rip the covers off of him. He groans and tosses himself over to the side.

Micah swoops in from nowhere, pouring a bottle of ice cold water on him. "Fuck! Micah!" He sits up immediately, his hair drenched in water.

Micah cackles, running away from the scene. Ethan quickly gets up, running after him. "YOU MOTHERFUCKER!"

We're for sure not getting to school on time today.

◂ ❚ ⊱ꕥ⊰ ❚ ▸

After all that chacos, we got to school an hour and a half late. We were able to get into school late with us getting told off by a administrator but Micah got dresscoded as we were walking through the hallways after lunch.