CHAPTER TWELEVE

(    ⋆·˚ ༘ *     RIGHT NOW , NELSON NEUMANN )
❝ what are you doing here? ❞

(    ⋆·˚ ༘ *     RIGHT NOW , NELSON NEUMANN    )❝ what are you doing here? ❞

THIRD PERSON ———
houston texas gym, 7:45 pm

VIENNA'S TEAM WAS DOMINATING THE OTHER TEAM. leading by 20 in the fourth quarter. the whole time, vienna seemed to be distracted but still managed to put shots in. her eyes would always flicker to the crowd where he was standing and watching her. she got fouled, getting an and 1.

going over to the free throw line, her eyes flickered to nelson once again. they made eye contact nelson giving her a small smile and she took a deep breath in, looking away to shoot.

her hands were shaking, feeling his eyes burn on her. her first shot didn't go in it bounced off the rim and she sighed, shaking her head and brushing her flyaways with her hands. her teammates tapped her back, telling her that shes got the next shot.

"vienna has never really missed a free throw." maya whispered to ellie on the bench. ellie nodded her head in agreement, looking over to nelson.

"it's probably because he's here." she points and vienna got her second shot in. the time was running out so they decided to just dribble out the time. the buzzer went off, the team celebrating.

while they were having a little recap of the game, vienna looks over her shoulder to look at nelson, niles and jax. they stood in the corner while jax was pushing niles, clearly trying to get him to do something.

nelson was laughing, encouraging him. she looked away as soon as nelson turned his head into her direction. the team huddle was over so vienna, maya and ellie walk away with all their stuff.

"vienna!" a voice spoke up, she turned her head and looked at sadie with a smile. "i was wondering if you can show me some moves to work on in practice some time?"

vienna thought she was so cute, the way she shyly asked her for help. "i'd be happy to help you. you're already so good." sadie's face lit up with excitement.

"thank you vienna!" "no problem." vienna chuckled, wrapping an arm around her. they were too into the conversation that they didn't notice two boys walk up to them.

"hello!" a familiar voice that vienna knew spoke up. sadie and vienna's head looked in front of them. niles' face was red, holding his phone as he stared at sadie.

maya and ellie glance over to vienna. she and nelson stared at each other awkwardly before she looked away, wanting to know what niles wanted. little did she know it was the younger girl beside her.

"i'm niles neumann." he introduced and sadie smiled. "i know, i've seen your highlights on instagram and i follow you as well. i must say, you're really good at basketball."

niles' face flushed in embarrassment. "thank you. you're really good as well. like really, really good." "i think she gets it niles."

"shut up nelson." niles scolded, sending his brother a glare before fixing his eyes back on sadie. "i was wondering if i can get your snap?"

sadie and niles exchange socials, nelson and vienna looked at each other once again. maya taps her shoulder, vienna peeling her eyes away from nelson. "we're going to the car, wanna go?"

"i'll stay with sadie for a little while, make sure she gets to her car safely." maya and ellie nodded, understanding and walking away. "meet you there."

sadie and niles were talking about basketball, niles making her laugh.

NELSON'S POV ———
8:00 pm

i would have never thought that i would see vienna today. if i did know, i would've dressed better instead of wearing my usual shorts and hoodie. oh, who am i kidding she probably doesn't care, she's seen me with these types of outfits before. she stood in front of me, stealing glances and sometimes even staring at me with flushed cheeks.

how am i not literally melting to the ground right now? i swear the room temperature just went down and now it's like a sauna in here while i could feel vienna's eyes on me. it's like her gaze was burning on me, causing me to sweat.

i could smell the vanilla scented perfume she always sprayed. ya'll already know that i wanted to wrap her in a hug, so tight that she wouldn't be able to let go. i wanted to tell her how miserable i've been without her but of course i just stood and stared.

"hey anderson." i called her by the last name. last name. what is wrong with me? that's going to cause so many memories to rush through her head. it was hard to call her vie, i just couldn't bring myself to call her that. there were so many i love you's, kisses and hugs shared between us that i couldn't.

"hey nels." she called me by the nickname she would always tease me with. i felt my cheeks get hotter by the minute, nervously glancing down at the ground. "how are you?"

"better now." i shrugged my shoulders and she gave me a small smile. "how are you? i heard you're making a name for yourself, top 5 is crazy vie."

i watched her face drop slightly. fuck, i messed up.

she regained her expression before. "yeah, i am. i'm happy with it."  "i bet you are, i'm proud of you."

her face lit up the tiniest bit. "thank you nelson." her voice came out soft and my stomach did flips. i didn't know stomachs can do that.. "um well, i'll see you around guys. bye niles, jax. bye nelson."

she waved and i waved back at her before her and that girl walked away. i watched her laugh with the girl beside her and i smiled.

"i told you so." niles commented.

——— ROAN SPEAKS ! 🧸
aww little bit of a cutesy bittersweet
chapter today guys
as much as i miss nelson and vienna,
i gotta drag this angst out just a little bit