CHAPTER TEN

( ⋆·˚ ༘ * RIGHT NOW , NELSON NEUMANN    )
❝ you weren't there for the biggest game of my season nelson. ❞

——— THIRD PERSONtexas park, 7:10 pm

——— THIRD PERSON
texas park, 7:10 pm

THERE WAS AN AWKWARD SILENCE BETWEEN THEM

THERE WAS AN AWKWARD SILENCE BETWEEN THEM. vienna and nelson both would have never thought this awkward silence would be back, but it was. and they both knew something was going to happen.

"i'm so sorry for not showing up to your game. this last minute partnership was scheduled and i couldn't miss out, it was a big thing vie." nelson explained to her, trying to keep things cool between them.

"see, that's the problem nelson, that's all what matters to you now!" vienna yells, nervously clenching her fists. "the partnerships, the fame, everything!"

"you know this has been my dream, basketball has been my dream. and i'm finally getting noticed for the work i've put in!" nelson exclaims, annoyed that vienna couldn't understand what he's trying to say. "why can't you be happy for me?!"

vienna frowned instantly at his words. "what do you mean? i've been supporting you since all of this has happened, i've been there with you and i am happy for you."

"then why are you mad?" he sighed, dropping his hands to his sides.

"because you don't make time for me anymore." she scoffed, tears brimming her eyes. "i get that we can't be together all the time but you couldn't even show up to my game. you weren't there for the biggest game of my season nelson."

"but vienna.."

"you promised me. and you didn't show up. it's only an hour and a half nelson!" she freaks out, the tears finally falling down her cheeks and vienna lets out everything she was keeping in the past few months. "first, you cancel on all of our dates last minute. second, you never answer any of my texts and you never call me anymore. and last, you stopped showing up to my games. what more nelson?"

"there isn't going to be any more, please just forgive me." he tries, trying to fix all of this with a simple sorry. but nelson neumann himself knows that he fucked up because vienna would not budge.

uno started whining, vienna gently petting him and standing up. "i don't know when i can forgive you."

"vie, come on." nelson reaches for her, desperately calling for her. vienna pulls her arm away from him with a saddened expression.

"we need a break, nelson." she said, her voice breaking. nelson could feel his heart drop to his stomach and shatter into pieces. even when her voice was soft, it felt like a punch in the stomach. "i just need time."

"you can't do this. what happened to always fixing things?" he asked, staring at her saddened expression. her stared at her with those blue eyes of his, only filled with sadness and guilt.

"you bring that up yet you didn't fix your actions whenever you said sorry for not showing up." vienna sniffled and looked at the ground. "please nelson, just let us have this break."

there was nothing he could do. when vienna's mind was set on something, it was set and there was no changing her mind. nelson simply looked down at the grass, hearing vienna sigh when he didn't respond.

and with that, she walked away from him for the second time.

——— VIENNA'S POV
anderson's household, 7:45 pm

i got home with a tear stained face, new set of tears coming their way

i got home with a tear stained face, new set of tears coming their way. i shut the door and took off the leash from uno's collar. "bean? is that you?" i heard my mom call for me.

"yeah it's me!" i yelled back, trying not to sound like i was violently sobbing from the break up. i heard footsteps so i quickly wipe my tears but it didn't help.

my mom took one look at me and her face changed into a worried one. "oh vienna anderson, what happened?" she took me into her embrace and that's when i broke down.

"i broke up with nelson." i sobbed out, crying into her shoulder. my mom hugged my tighter and i just stayed in her arms crying.

"it's okay bean, whatever argument you two had will pass by. you two will find your way back to each other, i promise."

i was kind of sick of hearing promises but at least i know my mom fulfils them. "i hope so."

"you will. don't worry."

——— ROAN SPEAKS ! 🧸
i'm sorry pls don't kill me it's
for the plot ahhhh
ACT TWO coming out soon