CHAPTER NINE

(    ⋆·˚ ༘ *     RIGHT NOW , NELSON NEUMANN    )
❝ he never showed up.

——— VIENNA'S POV ✰texas middle, 4:00 pm

——— VIENNA'S POV
texas middle, 4:00 pm

TODAY WAS MY MIDDLE SCHOOL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

TODAY WAS MY MIDDLE SCHOOL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. it was going to be crazy since practically the whole school will be there cheering. i looked at myself in the mirror, taking a deep breath. if i said i wasn't nervous, i'd be lying.

i was freaking out.

but i smiled to myself, knowing that nelson was going to be there to watch me. walking out of the bathroom and walking into the change-room, my team was singing along to shirt by sza.

"vienna!" sophie came running up to me, wrapping me into a hug. "you ready to win this?"

"you know i am!" i exclaim, nodding my head. the team starts yelling while corli dragged the speaker out of the change room as all of us go out in a line.

the crowd starts screaming and yelling, holding up signs for us. my siblings — miles and val — were waving around a poster of me as a baby. "go vienna!"

i purse my lips in embarrassment, sophie laughing as she puts her hand on my shoulder. "that is so funny. where's nelson?"

looking back at my family, i realized sophie was right. he wasn't with them. shrugging my shoulders, i look over to her. "he's probably just running late."

sophie nodded her head and went off to shoot around with the rest of the team. i stood there, dribbling the ball and staring at the entrance with a tight feeling in my chest.

"vienna! lay up lines!" her coach yelled at her and vienna snapped back to reality before lining up behind zoe. please nelson, just show up this one time.