CHAPTER ONE

(    ⋆·˚ ༘ * RIGHT NOW , NELSON NEUMANN  )
❝ surprise nelly belly!

(    ⋆·˚ ༘ * RIGHT NOW , NELSON NEUMANN  )❝ surprise nelly belly!

——— VIENNA'S POV
saint eagles high school, 2:45 p

I WAS WAITING IN MY LIVING ROOM TO GET PICKED UP BY NOAH, NELSON'S BIG BROTHER

I WAS WAITING IN MY LIVING ROOM TO GET PICKED UP BY NOAH, NELSON'S BIG BROTHER. the neumann's have been travelling for basketball games and ote games, meaning i haven't seen nelson in a while.

it was weird not seeing him as often since he lives 15 minutes away from me but school was also a problem. he does homeschool and i finally got back to public school. i played for my middle school basketball team so i haven't been free to go on trips with cam.

there was a honk outside, i immediately shot up from the couch and grabbed my bag. "bye sweetheart! have fun!" my mom yelled at me and i kissed her cheek before leaving the house.

"hey vienna, long time no see." noah greeted me as i sat in the back. i gave him a smile. "this is the first time you're seeing nelson, in what? 3 weeks?"

"yup, i believe so." i nodded my head and noah started driving off. noah glanced back at me when we reached a red light. "he misses you a ton, trust me vee."

"i would hope so."

"what up ya'll, we back. sam and i just pulled up to watch nelson play. it was like 28 million hours away from the house." noah started filming for his youtube video. "we got a special guest here. ya'll love her."

noah's filmer turned the camera to face me. i smiled, waving at the camera. "hey guys!"

"yeah, so she's here to support her boyfriend. ya'll been complaining that there's no new nienna content so here it is, i'm feeding ya'll content so be grateful."

"hopefully nelson drops 65 points." noah commented, throwing the bottle of iced tea and catching it. "how many points do you think he's dropping sam?"

noah's friend—sam — lets out a breath, thinking about it. "i'd say..148." i furrowed my eyebrows. "the glaze is insane."

"what— you literally glaze your boyfriend all the time. okay how many points do you think nelson is going to drop." noah asked me.

"zero." "okay—"

i laughed at the moment, walking towards the school. "let's get it." we walked inside the gym, a grin appeared on my face when i saw nelson warming up.

i turned my head to see cassie — nelson's mom — and i walked towards her. cassie's face lit up with excitement when she saw me, instantly pulling me into a hug.

"oh my gosh vienna! i didn't know you were coming!" she had her arm wrapped around me still. "it's great to see you."

"it's great to see you too." i smiled and we watched nelson warm up. his grandparents came and talked to me for a bit about my season at my middle school.

nelson noticed me in the crowd, doing a take back before his toothy grin appeared on his face. his coach excused him and he jogged over, engulfing me in a hug. he pressed a kiss on my forehead.

"i can't believe you're here." he told me, looking down at me. i smiled up at him, eyes flickering at his lips. it was safe to say that puberty hit nelson like a bullet. his voice dropped, he didn't sound like an annoying little boy anymore and his face matured, he also grew in height.

he was standing at 5"9, 5 inches taller than me. he was no longer the kid nelson i met at my basketball game. there was a bittersweet feeling in my chest at how fast time was flying.

"i missed you." i spoke up, he smirked at me. "oh yeah?" his hands snaked around my waist when he said that, sending shivers down my spine. "yeah."

"then show me how much you miss me." he said, voice raspy. i gave him a look, pecking his lips. "hey! that's not fair!"

"go warm up white boy." i pushed him forward and nelson pouted. "go." he put his arms up, jogging back as he mumbled yes ma'am.

i bit my lip to stop the smile on my face. everything was good.

nelson was doing a great job, his passing was good and he was shooting a ton. i watch as nelson's check completely two hand shoved him to the ground and the ref didn't call anything.

"that was a foul ref!" i yelled but they ignored me. nelson stood back up like a champ. these refs kind of sucked, i mean most of them did.

it was now halftime and niles ran over to me, pulling me up and gave me his basketball. it was a men's ball so it was heavy but it was fine. i do an easy underhand lay up, passing the ball to niles to the corner and he shot a three.

he then pulls me away to talk to the coach. "hey, you're vienna anderson right? nelson's girlfriend?" the coach asked and my cheeks went red.

"yes sir."

"that kid does not shut up about you in practice." he exposes nelson and i laughed. "always blabbering about how much he misses you and loves you. i swear i gotta tell this kid to focus at least 50 times."

someone appeared behind me, wrapping their arm around me. "why you gotta expose me like that coach?" nelson joked, pulling me closer.

"gross, you're sweaty." i commented, grimacing and nelson shot me a look before peppering kisses on my face.

"i'm tired." he mumbled, leaning his head on my head. noah walked over and furrowed his eyebrows. "you're tired?" "yeah."

the two brothers talked for a bit, nelson didn't take his head off mine. his coach told him to get some shots in so nelson kissed my forehead, leaving.

"so, nelson's team lost but it was a good fucking game." noah told the camera while nelson and i walked together to the car. "now they gonna be together tonight."

the camera lifted up to show nelson and i. he flips off the camera and i put his hand down. "nuh uh." i scolded.

"okay, say goodbye." noah told us and we waved.

"bye!"

——— ROAN SPEAKS ! 🧸

first chapter! i'm so excited for the rwe
summer 24. this is going to be so fun
to write.