After a few minutes, the female doctor came over.

"I will just do some last checkups to see when he will be ready to get discharged." Josephine nodded in reply and patiently waited outside the door.

After about ten minutes, the doctor opened the door and gestured for her to come in, which she did quickly.

"Well, Mr..." The doctor trailed off and looked at Xaveiro.

"Carters." He mumbled and she nodded.

"Mr. Carters is all good now, but he will be slightly weak for a few more hours. The bullet almost hit an artery, but luckily, it didn't. Someone needs to stay by his side constantly to check over him. Now, will he have that support at home? Otherwise we will discharge him tomorrow."

"Don't worry, I can take care of him." Josephine quickly interjected, startling the doctor.

"Well, that's great! He is ready to go home then."

"But, uh... I am not sure about where he lives..." Josephine said quietly, causing her to furrow her eyebrows in confusion.

"Oh, I thought you both were in a relationship. But it's all good! Mr. Carters, would you like to give her your location, so that she can take you home?" Xaviero gave the address in a weak tone.

"That's at least four hours from here, isn't it? It's around the city centre and we are really far away." The doctor thought out loud.

"Yeah, it's all good. I can take him."

"Alright, a few more paperwork need to be filled and you will be good to go. Also, once he's better, he might get taken in for questioning since it is a bullet wound." Josephine pressed her lips in a thin line and nodded.

Once the doctor was out of the room, she walked to his side and gave out an exasperated sigh.

She felt overwhelmed with the amount of load that was about to come. She had never taken care of a person in her life before. Moreover, she doesn't have a car here.

When she stood there without saying anything, Xaveiro peeked at her by opening one of his eyes.

"You okay?" He asked in a low voice, making her jump slightly since she was lost in her own thoughts.

"Yeah, of course I am. I was just wondering how to take you home. No car." She mumbled awkwardly and he chuckled.

"You don't have to do this, Josephine. I can call my coworkers or even my mom to come by. I already appreciate you being her-"

"No, I want to do this. I want to take care of you." She cut him off and gave him a determined look.

"Hey, I saved you because I wanted to, but I don't want you to feel like you owe your life to me now." He replied in a serious tone and expression, clenching her heart with happiness. He was just too sweet.

"I know. It has nothing to do with that. Let me handle this." He sighed and softly smiled at her.

"You can bring my car here. It's still at the villa. The keys are in my pocket."

She nodded and took out the keys, but he grabbed her wrist.

"Please don't fuck my car up." He said in a pleading voice, making her laugh loudly.

"I definitely will now."

Rolling her eyes playfully, Josephine ubered her way back to the villa. She sped towards his car, but got stopped by Brax.

He was sitting outside and smoking. When their eyes met, he stood up and waved her down.

"Everything good? How's your boyfriend?" Was how he greeted her.