кι∂ηєу вєαηѕ

Y/N reopened the fridge, scanning for something else. She found some pizza from earlier in the week; it was cold, but she didn't hesitate to offer it to him.

Jack didn't even bother to take it; he just used his tongue to wrap around the pizza and take it into his mouth. Y/N's arm retracted quickly, in fear he might take it with the slice.

Jack gobbled down the pizza, piece by piece. Eventually, Y/N just let him have what was left in the box, and he didn't hesitate to eat every last bite.

"Wow, you're a hungry guy, huh?" she said, half-joking as she watched him lick the box. Jack's mask closed seamlessly back together, and he slowly turned his head in Y/N's direction.

Y/N looked back into her fridge, which had a sad amount of food in it: a bottle of ketchup and some pickles.

"I guess I'll need to go to the store," Y/N said, letting the fridge door swing shut. Jack scooted a few steps closer.

"I'll come with you," Jack said quickly, tilting his head to the side. Y/N's eyes widened with subtle surprise.

"You want to go to the store with me?" She said it, making sure she heard him correctly. Jack nodded his head in confirmation. Y/N's eyes scanned his humanoid frame.

"Then we at least have to dress you properly," Y/N said, walking over to a closet with winter clothes. Jack watched her walk away before eventually caving in and following her.

Y/N shuffled through the closet before finding a large coat and holding it up to Jack. Jack took it, seemingly confused. It's almost like he didn't know what to do with such a thing. Y/N sighed and opened the jacket, gesturing for him to put his arms in.

Jack obliged and slipped his arms through the sleeves, popping his slender hands out of the cuffs. He looked awkward, and he felt awkward too. Y/N didn't pay much attention to the initial discomfort, and she pulled a long scarf and beanie out.

"Duck down," she said. Jack crouched, and Y/N put the beanie over his head, adjusting it to fit nicely. She then wrapped the scarf around his neck to hide some more of the gray skin.

Y/N took a step back, looking at Jack. In all honesty, he looked a bit... goofy, but it was better than looking like a scary monster. A smile cracked on Y/N's lips.

"Look at you, what a distinguished gentleman," she said, only half joking as she zipped up his jacket a little, hiding his emancipated ribs. Jack looked down at her.

"Thank you," he said in a soft, quiet voice, sounding genuine. A chuckle slipped past Y/N's lips.

"Sure," she said, grabbing her keys. "Let's go to the store now, yeah?"

With a little squeezing, Jack fit into the back seat. His eyes were dead set on the outside world as they drove down the street. Y/N tilted her rear view mirror, glancing between Jack and the road.

"Haven't been out in a while?" She asked. Jack looked at her before staring back outside. He was just a quiet guy, which wasn't a bad thing; it was just difficult to hold a conversation. Not to mention, he was awfully sweet for some random creature that broke into her house, bit her, and decided it would stay.

She pulled into the parking lot of one of her most-visited stores, Walmart. With the car parked and a credit card in hand, Y/N got out of the car and opened Jack's door.

"C'mon"

Jack looked at her before scooching out of the back seat. Y/N locked the door and gestured for him to follow. Jack got a little distracted by the large, glowing letter that spelled Walmart on the front of the building. He soon looked back at Y/N and quickly went by her side.