Up and Down

Jack had his beanie and scarf on, along with his jacket; Archer wore a long sleeve with some jeans; and Y/N wore a casual outfit with a blue shirt that Jack insisted on her wearing.

"Hurry up, or else I'll leave without you." Y/N ushered Archer to hurry up since his privileged self wanted to primp in the bathroom before they left. Archer ran out the door and past Y/N. Jack watched as he zoomed off to the car.

"Archer! You'll have to share the back seat with Jack," Y/N said, getting into the driver's seat. Archer looked up at Jack, who looked down at him.

"Alright," Jack said calmly. Archer chuckled and got into the back seat; Jack followed.

"Where are we going?" Archer asked, fastening his seatbelt as they pulled out of the driveway. Jack was a little crowded since he had to share the back seat, but ultimately, he didn't mind.

"You'll see," Y/N smiled, driving down the road. Archer sighed, wanting to know where they were headed. Instead of pushing the issue, Archer turned his head to Jack.

"Why are you the way that you are?" Archer asked, sounding blunt but not exactly trying to sound mean. Y/N looked at him through the rear view mirror.

"Archer," Y/N said sternly, thinking that I was asking a rude question.

"What!? I was just wondering!" Archer crossed his arms, giving an exaggerated pout to his lip.

A silence fell over them for a few minutes until Jack leaned over towards Archer. His coat made a crinkly noise as he leaned to talk quietly to him.

"I owed a bunch of guys money, and they poured molten tar into my eyes. Then I was possessed by a demon," Jack said flatly before sitting back up in his seat. Archer's jaw dropped in utter shock as he looked up at Jack.

"That's crazy!" Archer was awed, putting his hands on the sides of his head like it was about to explode. Y/N listened to their conversation; it was mostly Archer questioning Jack. She decided not to join in and just listened to them talk. The back and forth was entertaining just as it was—Jack's monotone answering and Archer's energetic questions.

Y/N pulled into a gravel parking lot. There were a bunch of large signs that said "SpringFest!" scattered around. Archer looked out the window to see a bunch of rides, games, and food stands.

"You took me to a festival!?" Archer exclaimed, being a little too loud with his excitement. Jack also looked out the window to see what his new friend was marveling about.

"I thought it would be fun." Y/N smiled, unbuckling her seatbelt. Archer hurriedly got out of his seat and out the door. Jack, of course, followed right behind. Archer was practically jumping up and down in excitement.

"I've never been to one of these!" Archer said, tugging on Jack's coat to drag him towards the entrance. Y/N felt a pang of sadness when he mentioned he had never been to a festival before, but she quickly went after them with a smile.

"Let's go then!" She said this, making her way to the entrance.