𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟜

After that encounter, Rebecca immediately excused herself. She had to go home right away as she remembered Richie had to go to the pub earlier than expected because his boss expects him there. She then went ahead and hailed a cab - arriving 30 minutes later, without less traffic as she predicted it to be.

Upon walking up their patio, a voice - an all too familiar voice called her.

"Bec"

She paused and slowly turned around. Meeting William's expecting and pleading eyes.

She froze.

She didn't know what to do nor say. She didn't expect William to come here or even expect him to show up to her patio after disappearing for a year.

She scoffed, turned right back around and started walking away. Panic set in William and he immediately rushed forward and grabbed her arm.

"darling, please, let's talk," he pleaded.

Rebecca abruptly turns around and slaps him on the cheek. Wincing, William held his left cheek and looked at her - pleading, trying to get her heart to soften even for just a little while.

"Please, I'm here now. I'm begging you, let's talk"

"What is there to talk about, William? You left. And honestly, it was probably for the best. Considering the fact that you straight up packed your things and cut off contacts with me. You didn't even try to explain it even with one voicemail. You left. You left" Rebecca wiped a tear that ran down her face and snatched her arm away from William's hold.

"I know. I know I fucked up but please, I had my reasons. Just hear me out, love. Please." He grabs both her hands and looks her straight in the eyes. Realizing this could be his only chance, he cannot take the risk and just come back for another day. This should be done now.

Rebecca softens at his gaze. The look on his face now is the same face she used to always see on a daily basis. This was the man she spent half of her life with. The man she swore she would marry someday; odds may or may not be in their favor. He was it for her and she thought she was it for him. At least that's what she thought.

"Okay, but not here. I don't want dad or Richie to see you. They are mad at you and I mean like real mad. They won't probably be as forgiving as me so let's go somewhere more private."

Nodding, William smiled and offered her arm to Rebecca. Rebecca hesitated for a bit but then reached out and snaked her arms around William's. He guided them to his car and drove off.

They arrived later at an all too familiar place for Becky.

Their favorite café.

William opened the door for Becky and stepped inside after Becky went ahead. Guessing that Becky would have the same order as she used to have all those years ago, he took the initiative and headed straight to the counter. Rebecca then found the perfect spot and sat down on one of the chairs. After ordering, William sat down on the chair adjacent to Becky's.

"I'm not comfortable with sitting down close to you yet so please, sit down on the seat across from me." She spoke. William got up and sat on the chair opposite of Becky. Seeing the hesitation on William, Becky started the conversation.