Sighing agitatedly, I rubbed my face and pushed my hair back.
The ruckus Dean had caused had brought a lot of unwanted attention to me, that I could deal without.

Needing to get rid of him was one thing, since I had a feeling he would keep following me and taunting me til he had what he wanted - whatever that was. Making him stay away was another problem. Hopefully today had sorted him out and made him stay away, but most likely not.

A waitress showed up at my table and asked if I was ready to order. Ordering a latte, I wasn't usually fond of anything coffee, I handed her several dollars.
Thank God they served students during school hours.

The waitress came back a few minutes later and set my cup down in front of me. Wrapping my fingers around it, I sighed gustily.
What was my life at the moment?

I really needed time to figure things out.

Just as I thought that, the worst possible thing that could happen to me in that moment happened.
The door opened and in walked Mercury, wearing sunglasses and having his hair immaculately styled.

My breath caught and every single fibre in me urged me to turn invisible. I did not need this.

Ducking down in my seat, I tried to ignore him.

Please, God of the Superpowers, or just God if you're listening, turn me invisible, give me the power to teleport or just get rid of my unwanted imaginary friend. If you value my sanity in any way, please fulfil my wishes.

Guess what powers I was given.
Go on. Guess.

That's right. None.

Mercury pretended to look around, spotted me, grinned, then sauntered over, pulling out a chair.

"Why, hello there, stranger," he purred. "Have you missed me?"

I kept my face passive as I looked out the window, pretending he wasn't there. Maybe it would work and he would leave me alone.

"Oh, so we're playing the ignoring game are we?" He asked, his tone friendly. "How cruel. I've been thinking about you all this time. Oh, how I can't wait to just rip your hair out and hang it from the ceiling," his voice grew sultry. "I wonder how soft your skin would be when I remove it from your body.

I'm not scared. I'm not scared. I can beat this (hot) guy. I'm not scared.

I took a sip of my drink.

"I'll practice with your clothes first," he said lowly, leaning in to whisper in my ear. It was hard not to acknowledge him. He ran a finger down my arm. "We'll have some trials first, so that later I can fuck your brains out.

My rabbit instincts were urging me to run.

I took another sip and tilted my head, as if I saw something interesting outside.

How was it that he seemed so real. I could swear on the bible - it would probably burn in Mercury's presence - that he was as physical as I was but to the waitress in the shop, I would probably look companionless.

That thought helped me reign in my fear.

"I've prepared myself," he said and grabbed my hand, placing it very high on his upper thigh. He'd better watch out. I could punch his no-no zone. "After all, I'm a creature of imagination, and let me tell you just how wild you are in my imagination. Biting into your hot flesh and you scratching me, begging for more..." He shivered pleasurably and I knew he wasn't just exaggerating. "Ooh, you slay me, Eveny."

I tried not to gag at his innuendo and resisted the urge to slay him there and then. It wouldn't work. He would just come back twice as annoying. I had tried.